Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xmllint: get one result per line Post 302995234 by jim mcnamara on Monday 3rd of April 2017 09:36:57 AM
Old 04-03-2017
Oi. We had a similar problem -

Code:
xmllint --shell /path/to/inputfile <<< `echo 'cat /config/*/@*'`  | egrep '(pattern1|pattern2)' > outfile

The "/config" part has the commands you would manually enter.

Best I can do for you. Maybe someone else has a better solution....
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any why to get the number of line in grep result ?

Hello all when I do simple grep on file im getting the results of "filename : stringResult " is there any way to present also the line number in the file ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iconv and xmllint

Here is my question, volume of records processed : 5M ( approx ) Its basically very simple operation that am trying to do and I had achieved the output that am interested. What am looking for really is to improve the performance, an optimized way to do that. with respect to iconv, am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What syntax is required so that result will start from a new line..

What syntax is required to start the result in a new line (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uniform and same result whois command line

I am looking for a free whois lookup tool or some "scripting help" that will give uniform result for whois lookup from the linux command line. Currently: whois of a .co.nz domain results nameserver as follows. ns_name_01: ns1.domain.co.nz ns_name_02: ns2.domain.co.nz While that of a .net... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the whole line which contains the result of the command cut

Hey everyone I have a file 'agenda' which contains: Object Day Month Year Birthday 09 02 2012 i want to extract from a script the line which contains the day the user typed. for example if he type 09 the line is showed using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goldstein
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML using xmllint

Hi All, Need help to parse the xml file in shell script using xmllint. Below is the sample xml file. <CARS> <AUDI> <Speed="45"/> <speed="55"/> <speed="75"/> <speed="95"/> </AUDI> <BMW> <Speed="30"/> <speed="75"/> <speed="120"/> <speed="135"/> </BMW>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append result in the same line

I have a line like below a,blank,12,24 I want to add (12+24) at the end of the line or any where in the same line line output: a,blank,12,24,36 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xmllint

Have like 50 xml files in a folder. They all have a Node named <Number>.How to display the values of <Number> with the count and filename in the folder. I am using Mac . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anethar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output result with break line

Hello, I am coding a script to check mysql databases using bash script, I would like to check if the status of a table is not 'OK', will return the table name and do some more actions: check.log table1 OK table2 Some error here table3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
5 Replies
WMC(1)							      Wine Developers Manual							    WMC(1)

NAME
wrc - Wine Message Compiler SYNOPSIS
wmc [options] [inputfile] DESCRIPTION
wmc compiles messages from inputfile into FormatMessage[AW] compatible format encapsulated in a resourcescript format. wmc outputs the data either in a standard .bin formatted binary file, or can generated inline resource data. wmc takes only one inputfile as argument (see BUGS). The inputfile normally has extension .mc. The messages are read from standard input if no inputfile is given. If the outputfile is not specified with -o, then wmc will write the output to inputfile.{rc,h}. The outputfile is named wmc.tab.{rc,h} if no inputfile was given. OPTIONS
-B x Set output byte-order x={n[ative], l[ittle], b[ig]}. Default is n[ative]. -c Set 'custom-bit' in message-code values. -d NON-FUNCTIONAL; Use decimal values in output -D Set debug flag. This results is a parser trace and a lot of extra messages. -h Print an informative usage message. -H file Write headerfile to file. Default is inputfile.h. -i Inline messagetable(s). This option skips the generation of all .bin files and writes all output into the .rc file. This encoding is parsable with wrc(1). -o file Output to file. Default is inputfile.rc. -u Assume that the inputfile is in unicode. -U Write resource output in unicode formatted messagetable(s). -v Show all supported codepages and languages. -V Print version end exit. -W Enable pedantic warnings. EXTENSIONS
The original syntax is extended to support codepages more smoothly. Normally, codepages are based on the DOS-codepage from the language setting. The original syntax only allows the destination codepage to be set. However, this is not enough for non-DOS systems which do not use unicode source-files. A new keyword Codepages is introduced to set both input and output codepages to anything one wants for each language. The syntax is similar to the other constructs: Codepages '=' '(' language '=' cpin ':' cpout ... ')' The language is the numerical language-ID or the alias set with LanguageNames. The input-codepage cpin and output-codepage cpout are the numerical codepage-IDs. There can be multiple mapping within the definition and the definition may occur more than once. AUTHORS
wmc was written by Bertho A. Stultiens. BUGS
The message compiler should be able to have multiple inputfiles and combine them into one outputfile. This would enable the splitting of languages into separate files. Unicode detection of the input is suboptimal, to say the least. It should recognize byte-order-marks (BOM) and decide what to do. Decimal output is completely lacking. Don't know whether it should be implemented because it is a, well, non-informative format change. It is recognized on the commandline for some form of compatibility. AVAILABILITY
wmc is part of the wine distribution, which is available through WineHQ, the wine development headquarters, at http://www.winehq.org/. SEE ALSO
wine(1), wrc(1) Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WMC(1)