Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to update file with numerical difference if condition is met Post 302995147 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 1st of April 2017 09:44:04 PM
Old 04-01-2017
I think this case may be a bit more complex than earlier cases as it involves multi-dimensional arrays and looping over them. Try this and see if it works for you and compare it to your own code..

Code:
awk -v m=50 '
  NR==FNR {                         # For each line in the 1st input file (file2)...
    for(i=4; i<=NF; i++) {          # for all ranges in $4 and further
      split($i,F,/-/)               # split the range in a left field and a right field
      L[$2,i-3]=F[1]                # Assign them to multi-dimensional associative array L(eft)
      R[$2,i-3]=F[2]                # And R(ight), which will be needed in the second part
      N[$2]=NF-3                    # Record the number of ranges in associative array N for index $2 
    }
  } 

$9=="." && $12=="." {             # For each line in the 2nd input file (file1) if both field 9 and 12 equal "."
    d=">50"                         # set the default difference to >50
    for(i=1; i<=N[$8]; i++) {       # loop over the number of ranges for key $8
      if((d1=$4-L[$8,i])<0)         # set the left difference for a range
        d1=-d1 
      if((d2=$4-R[$8,i])<0)         # set the right difference for a range
        d2=-d2 
      if(d1<=50 || d2<=50) {        # if either of those difference is less than or equal to 50 
        if(d1<=50 && d2<=50) {      # if they are both less than or equal to 50
          if(d1<d2)                 # calculated the smallest difference. 
            d=-d1                   # If it is the left one then the difference is minus that value
          else                      #
            d=d2                    # If it is the right one then the difference is plus that value
        }
        else {                      # if only one of them is less than or equal to 50
          if(d1<=50)                # if it is the left one
            d=-d1
          else                      # if it is the right one
            d=d2
        }
        break                       # found a match, no need to loop further (assuming there are no overlapping ranges) 
      }
    }
    $9=d                            # set field 9 to the difference that was found
  }
  1                                 # print the record    
' file2 FS='\t' OFS='\t' file1

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-01-2017 at 11:24 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break a loop if condition is met

I am having trouble figuring this code I want to grep a text from a file and if it match certain text it break out of the loop or it should continue searching for the text Here is what I have written but it isn't working while true f=`grep 'END OF STATUS REPORT' filename` do if ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Issemael
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to update 1st column if condition met

Hi, I am trying to update the 1st column of a file but only if it contains a char here is an example of my file 1111aaa 9999 textaaa 22222bbb 9999 textbbb 3333 9999 textccc 444ddd 9999 textddd i would like the output to remove any characters () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: plennon
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

do nothing if condition is not met but not exit

Hello all, I created the below script....and it seemed to be working fine. My problem is i want the script to ignore rest of the things if my condition is not met but do not exit.... #!/bin/ksh ########################### ########################### # Set name of the listener, this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While loop only if a condition is met

All, I wrote the following section of code (which logically in PHP would of worked): tmpPATH=${1} tmpTAG=${2} if then while read tmpTAG tmpPATH do fi echo $tmpTAG echo $tmpPATH if then done < ./config.cfg fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete if condition met in a column

i have a table like this: id, senderNumber, blacklist ----------------------------- 1 0835636326 Y 2 0373562343 Y 3 0273646833 Y and I want to delete automatically if a new inserted row on another table consist anything on senderNumber column above using a BASH Script I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk. Abort script if condition was met.

I want to abort script if input variable matched first field in any line of a file. #!/bin/sh read INPUTVAR1 awk "{if(\$INPUTVAR1 == $1) x = 1} END {if(x==1) print \"I want to abort script here\"; else print \"OK\"}" /etc/some.conf I tried "exit" and system("exit") but no luck. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the records once condition met

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to get the records once the $2 met the condition. Ex. file 1.txt 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 123232,11-Aug-2015 08:33:37 PM,4234324,1321432,34364 Output: 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 What i did... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on how to append on the filename when condition met.

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to append the specific string when $3 condion met. ex. file1.txt ar0050046b16,5,888,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 ar0050046b16,5,0,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 ar0050046b16,5,0,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,25689.55 expected output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add another condition to bash for when not met

In the below I can not seem to add a line that will add Not low if the statement in bold is not true or meet. I guess when the first if statement is true/meet then print low, otherwise print Not low in $(NF + 1). I am not sure how to correctly add this. Thank you :). if(low <= $2 && $2 <=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - print when condition is met

I have a file.txt containing the following: Query= HWI-ST863:386:C5Y8UACXX:3:2302:16454:89688 1:N:0:ACACGAAT Length=100 Score E Sequences producing significant alignments: (Bits) Value ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tons92
2 Replies
ARRAY_MULTISORT(3)							 1							ARRAY_MULTISORT(3)

array_multisort - Sort multiple or multi-dimensional arrays

SYNOPSIS
bool array_multisort (array &$array1, [mixed $array1_sort_order = SORT_ASC], [mixed $array1_sort_flags = SORT_REGULAR], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_multisort(3) can be used to sort several arrays at once, or a multi-dimensional array by one or more dimensions. Associative ( string) keys will be maintained, but numeric keys will be re-indexed. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - An array being sorted. o $array1_sort_order - The order used to sort the previous array argument. Either SORT_ASC to sort ascendingly or SORT_DESC to sort descendingly. This argument can be swapped with $array1_sort_flags or omitted entirely, in which case SORT_ASC is assumed. o $array1_sort_flags - Sort options for the previous array argument: Sorting type flags: o SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o SORT_STRING - compare items as strings o SORT_LOCALE_STRING - compare items as strings, based on the current locale. It uses the locale, which can be changed using setlocale(3) o SORT_NATURAL - compare items as strings using "natural ordering" like natsort(3) o SORT_FLAG_CASE - can be combined (bitwise OR) with SORT_STRING or SORT_NATURAL to sort strings case-insensitively This argument can be swapped with $array1_sort_order or omitted entirely, in which case SORT_REGULAR is assumed. o $... - More arrays, optionally followed by sort order and flags. Only elements corresponding to equivalent elements in previous arrays are compared. In other words, the sort is lexicographical. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The SORT_NATURAL and SORT_FLAG_CASE were added | | | to $array1_sort_flags as possible sort flags. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The SORT_LOCALE_STRING was added to | | | $array1_sort_flags as possible sort flags. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sorting multiple arrays <?php $ar1 = array(10, 100, 100, 0); $ar2 = array(1, 3, 2, 4); array_multisort($ar1, $ar2); var_dump($ar1); var_dump($ar2); ?> In this example, after sorting, the first array will contain 0, 10, 100, 100. The second array will contain 4, 1, 2, 3. The entries in the second array corresponding to the identical entries in the first array (100 and 100) were sorted as well. array(4) { [0]=> int(0) [1]=> int(10) [2]=> int(100) [3]=> int(100) } array(4) { [0]=> int(4) [1]=> int(1) [2]=> int(2) [3]=> int(3) } Example #2 Sorting multi-dimensional array <?php $ar = array( array("10", 11, 100, 100, "a"), array( 1, 2, "2", 3, 1) ); array_multisort($ar[0], SORT_ASC, SORT_STRING, $ar[1], SORT_NUMERIC, SORT_DESC); var_dump($ar); ?> In this example, after sorting, the first array will transform to "10", 100, 100, 11, "a" (it was sorted as strings in ascending order). The second will contain 1, 3, "2", 2, 1 (sorted as numbers, in descending order). array(2) { [0]=> array(5) { [0]=> string(2) "10" [1]=> int(100) [2]=> int(100) [3]=> int(11) [4]=> string(1) "a" } [1]=> array(5) { [0]=> int(1) [1]=> int(3) [2]=> string(1) "2" [3]=> int(2) [4]=> int(1) } } Example #3 Sorting database results For this example, each element in the $data array represents one row in a table. This type of dataset is typical of database records. Example data: volume | edition -------+-------- 67 | 2 86 | 1 85 | 6 98 | 2 86 | 6 67 | 7 The data as an array, called $data. This would usually, for example, be obtained by looping with mysql_fetch_assoc(3). <?php $data[] = array('volume' => 67, 'edition' => 2); $data[] = array('volume' => 86, 'edition' => 1); $data[] = array('volume' => 85, 'edition' => 6); $data[] = array('volume' => 98, 'edition' => 2); $data[] = array('volume' => 86, 'edition' => 6); $data[] = array('volume' => 67, 'edition' => 7); ?> In this example, we will order by $volume descending, $edition ascending. We have an array of rows, but array_multisort(3) requires an array of columns, so we use the below code to obtain the columns, then perform the sorting. <?php // Obtain a list of columns foreach ($data as $key => $row) { $volume[$key] = $row['volume']; $edition[$key] = $row['edition']; } // Sort the data with volume descending, edition ascending // Add $data as the last parameter, to sort by the common key array_multisort($volume, SORT_DESC, $edition, SORT_ASC, $data); ?> The dataset is now sorted, and will look like this: volume | edition -------+-------- 98 | 2 86 | 1 86 | 6 85 | 6 67 | 2 67 | 7 Example #4 Case insensitive sorting Both SORT_STRING and SORT_REGULAR are case sensitive, strings starting with a capital letter will come before strings starting with a lowercase letter. To perform a case insensitive search, force the sorting order to be determined by a lowercase copy of the original array. <?php $array = array('Alpha', 'atomic', 'Beta', 'bank'); $array_lowercase = array_map('strtolower', $array); array_multisort($array_lowercase, SORT_ASC, SORT_STRING, $array); print_r($array); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Alpha [1] => atomic [2] => bank [3] => Beta ) SEE ALSO
usort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_MULTISORT(3)