Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cyber wall? just for me?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cyber wall? just for me? Post 302994667 by hicksd8 on Sunday 26th of March 2017 02:38:08 PM
Old 03-26-2017
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking either so what I'm about to write may not be relevant but a way to circumvent the blocking is to configure your browser to use a proxy in the target country(e.g. the UK) which will make the web server think you are local.

Search the web for "free proxy list" and pick a suitable proxy. Check that you can ping it and then configure your browser to use it.

Hope that helps. (I'm a UK resident)
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wall commands

I would like to know when using the wall command can I send a message to a specific user that is logged in. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nascar.fan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wall

is there a command to send all terminals a message. i tired wall, but it only sends the message to who ever is logged in at a terminal. i need a command to send to every terminal no matter if someone is logged in or not. Thanks! -The DJ (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
11 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

(Preprint) Human Cyber Consciousness - The Next Frontier

Preprint available at Amazon (Publication date: May 31, 2018): Preprint Cancelled. See this update. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Human Cyber Consciousness: The Next Frontier in Cybersecurity

FYI, I am planning to release the first book in a new mini-series the end of May: Pre-Order Cancelled. See this update. (Cyberspace Situational Awareness Book 1) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture844.jpg If anyone want to write a short book for this mini-series, or... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cyber Dystopia Teaser (720 HD)

Working on a new cybersecurity, dystopian world series and made a short 2 min teaser today. Cyber Dystopia (720 HD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Ca07J_YC8 If anyone has any ideas for the story, please write out some story lines in the comments and join the production team! (1 Reply)
1 Replies
POLIPO(1)						      General Commands Manual							 POLIPO(1)

NAME
polipo - a caching web proxy SYNOPSIS
polipo [ -h | -v | -x ] [ -c config ] [ var=val ]... DESCRIPTION
Polipo is a caching HTTP proxy. It listens to requests for web pages from your browser and forwards them to web servers, and forwards the servers' replies to your browser. In the process, it optimises and cleans up the network traffic. By default, Polipo listens on TCP port 8123. Please configure your web browser to use the proxy on localhost port 8123. OPTIONS
-h Display help and exit. -v Display the list of configuration variables and exit. -x Purge the on-disk cache and exit. -c Select an alternate configuration file. var=val Change the value of a configuration variable. FILES
/etc/polipo/config The default location of Polipo's configuration file. /etc/polipo/forbidden The default location of the list of forbidden URLs. /var/cache/polipo/ The default location of the on-disk cache. /usr/share/polipo/www/ The default root of the local web space. SIGNALS
SIGUSR1 write out all in-memory objects to disk and reload the forbidden URLs file. SIGUSR2 write out all in-memory objects to disk, discard all in-memory objects, and reload the forbidden URLs file. SIGTERM, SIGINT, SIGHUP write out all in-memory objects to disk and quit. SECURITY
The internal web server will follow symbolic links that point outside the local document tree. You should run Polipo in a chroot jail if that is a problem. There is no reason to run Polipo as root. FULL DOCUMENTATION
The full manual for Polipo is maintained in a texinfo file, and is normally available through a web server internal to Polipo. Please make sure that Polipo is running, and point your favourite web browser at http://localhost:8123/ Alternatively, you may type $ info polipo at a shell prompt, or C-h i m polipo RET in Emacs. AUTHOR
Polipo was written by Juliusz Chroboczek. POLIPO(1)