Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to rmlvcopy on jfs2log rootvg Post 302994049 by jaapar on Saturday 18th of March 2017 06:18:31 AM
Old 03-18-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.kgb
1. unmount /usr/local (I think this is the filesystem using loglv00 as logging device. In doubt you can try to find it using grep -p /dev/loglv00 /etc/filesystems).
2. remove loglv00
3. remove failed hdisk from rootvg
4. create loglv00 on "normal" hdisk
5. mount /usr/local
Hi There,

you are absolutely correct, the loglv00 were used for /opt and /usr/local.

I had not been able to unmount both filesystems even though from fuser I don't see any processes running on both mountpoints (probably inittab is respawning some processes that uses these 2 mountpoints).

So what I did.

1. create new jfs2log on the same rootvg
2. use chfs to assign the newly created jfs2log to both filesystems
3. Reboot the machine, (server rebooted fine, but I had to perform fsck because those 2 filesystems were dirty)
4. mount them as usual after fsck completed.

Problem solved!

Would like to thank all of you for chipping ideas SmilieSmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Convert rootvg to scalable

hello everyone, I have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to convert the rootvg to scalable format because i need to increase the size of specific file systems and i cannot do it with its current state. I know that in order to perform this operation the volume group must be varied off so is there a way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - mirror a jfs2log

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirroring. I accidentally created logical volume cpsabcd2lv with external jfs2log loglv00 in the same volume group cpsdata2vg. Then I mirrored LV cpsabcd2lv on the second LUN in VG cpsdata2vg. My journal is unmirrored and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
0 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the fstab(5) file. The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described in fstab(5) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option is implies the -A option and, unless otherwise spec- ified with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -a -t nfs,hfs umounts all filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. FILES
/etc/fstab filesystem table SEE ALSO
unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution