Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk RS declaration with \n
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk RS declaration with \n Post 302993882 by chandana.hs on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 11:19:11 PM
Old 03-16-2017
Hi Rudic,

Thank you for the solution,
And again , one more query, What does the _ & number 1 mean towards the end?

Code:
awk '{gsub (/\\n/, RS); gsub (/\([^)]*\)|\047/, _)} 1' file

Thank you.
Chandana

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Variable declaration

what does this mean when a variable is declared as register int i; Thanks. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with variable declaration

I declared a variable x that gets the count(*) from a table. The table name is also defined as a variable. What's wrong with this statment : X=” select count(*) from ${table_name}“ then y = `${X}${table_name}' echo ${y} It throws an error saying count not found. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

double variable declaration

i have variables with different values as below in KSH AU_Holiday=1 SG_Holiday=0 KR_Holiday=1 JP_Holiday=0 $country_cd is the second variable which be one of 'AU' 'SG' 'KR' 'JP' which comes in a for loop. form that i need to derive the variable like first one and check whether it is equal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk field declaration??

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me how should I declare a empty fieldinto a if stament? Is it possible like this?: if ($field == " ") body Thanks in advance and cheers!! . :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Declaration and For Loop

I am just stucked in syntax.This is more like a array and for loop problem. I want to use ls -l command and get filezise and filename of all filenames in the directory in an array (say array#1). After 2 minutes of sleep, i want to get the same information in another array (say array#2). The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variable declaration

what is the meaning of this particular line of code in perl. my %global_port2lanid = (); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable declaration

Hi Guys, What does this mean actually ? Can somebody give me any explanation ? x=${x:=1} Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.behera
2 Replies

8. Programming

DIR declaration

are you suppose to only use one DIR declarations, for example DIR *dir_ptr; because I'm declaring mine like so: DIR *dir_ptr_src, *dir_ptr_dest; and using it like so: if( ( dir_ptr_src = opendir ( av ) ) != NULL && ( dir_ptr_dest = opendir( av ) ) != NULL ) /* check if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable declaration

how to check 1. If variable is declared or not 2. If any value if assigned to variable or not. in UNIX shell script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function prototype declaration

Hi All, I have the script as below #!bin/bash let k=9 if then echo "Start" Hello echo "End" else echo "failed" fi function Hello() { echo "hello !!!!" } I got the below error : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)