Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Date format change from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd in comma seperate line in perl Post 302993701 by vishal0746 on Monday 13th of March 2017 01:52:05 PM
Old 03-13-2017
I want to see current system time in HHMMSS format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY

In my shell script i have a variable which stores date in the format of YYYYMMDD. Is there any way to format this value to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd

How do I change the date format from mmddyyyy to yyyymmdd in PERL. Can any one help me please. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format

Hello Experts, How do i get date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do you compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY

Hi , I need to convert date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY e.g 20111214 to 14-Dec-2011 Please help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating date in yyyymmdd format using PERL

Hi all, i had a code where in user will enter a date in yyyymmdd format.. i didnt use any validation for the date and now the problem is if a user enters date instead of month after year it is proceeding with the code.. like if the date is 20120426 and if the user enters 20122604 it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
rancid-run(1)						      General Commands Manual						     rancid-run(1)

NAME
rancid-run - run rancid for each of the groups SYNOPSIS
rancid-run [-V] [-f rancid.conf] [-f rancid.conf] [-m mail_rcpt] [-r device_name] [group [group ...]] DESCRIPTION
rancid-run is a sh(1) script to run rancid(1) for a set of rancid group(s). rancid-run reads rancid.conf(5) to configure itself, then uses control_rancid(1) to run rancid(1) for each rancid group. The set of rancid groups can either be provided as command-line arguments or via the LIST_OF_GROUPS variable in rancid.conf(5), if the group argument is omitted. A lock file is maintained per-group to prevent simultaneous runs for a given group by rancid-run(1). The lock file will be named .<group>.run.lock and will be located in /var/lib/rancid. A log file is produced under $LOGDIR/logs for each rancid group processed. The file name will be <group>.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS (year month day . hour minute second). rancid-run is normally used to run rancid from cron(8). For example: 0 * * * * /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run The command-line options are as follows: -V Prints package name and version strings. -f rancid.conf Specify an alternate configuration file. -m mail_rcpt Specify the recipient of diff mail, which is normally rancid-<group>. The argument may be a single address, multiple comma separated addresses, or -m may be specified multiple times. -r device_name Run rancid for a single device, device_name. device_name should be name, as it appears in a group's router.db. The device must be marked "up". If a group is not specified on the command-line, rancid will be run against any group in which the device_name appears. The -r option alters the subject line of the diff mail. It will begin with <group name>/<device name> rather than just the group name alone. ENVIRONMENT
rancid-run utilizes the following environment variables from rancid.conf(5). BASEDIR Location of group directories, etc. This is set to the "localstatedir" by the configure script at installation time. LIST_OF_GROUPS List of rancid groups to collect. PATH Search path for utilities. TMPDIR Directory to hold temporary files. ERRORS
If rancid fails to run or collect a device's configuration, the particular group's log file (mentioned above) should be consulted. Any errors produced by the revision control system (CVS or Subversion) or any of the rancid scripts should be included there, whether they be a botched cvs tree, login authentication failure, rancid configuration error, etc. If the log file produces no clues, the next debugging step should be run the commands manually. For example, can the user who runs rancid login to the device with 'clogin hostname', and so on. FILES
$BASEDIR/etc/rancid.conf rancid-run configuration file. SEE ALSO
control_rancid(1), rancid.conf(5), router.db(5) 5 October 2006 rancid-run(1)