Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract paragraphs and count them Post 302993671 by dsid on Monday 13th of March 2017 10:32:31 AM
Old 03-13-2017
Hi @drysdalk,

Sorry about that. totally missed to write about the specific errors/warnings.

1. Each block starts with a BEGIN MESSAGE and an END MESSAGE.

2. Each block would have just one error or warning

3. Each error/warning message is preceded by a Warning(space)! or Error!

Eg, 'Original Transaction Not Found !' -> This particular error message would occur only once in a block.

The challenge I am facing is how do I find out what that error/warning message text is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!!

I]hi all i am in confusion since last 2 days :( i posted thraed yesterday and some friends did help but still i couldnt get solution to my problem let it be very clear i have a long log file of alkatel switch and i have to seperate the minor major and critical alarms shown by ! , !! and !!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to filter out some paragraphs in a file

Hi, I am trying to filter out those paragraphs that contains 'CONNECT', 'alter system switch logfile'. That means say the input file is : ------------------------------------------------------- Wed Jun 7 00:32:31 2006 ACTION : 'CONNECT' CLIENT USER: prdadm CLIENT TERMINAL: Wed Jun 7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnlhap
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data and count number containing sets from a file?

Hello everybody! I am quit new here and hope you can help me. Using an awk script I am trying to extract data from several files. The structure of the input files is as follows: TimeStep parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter4 e.g. 1 X Y Z L 1 D H Z I 1 H Y E W 2 D H G F 2 R... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel8472
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from multiple file based on line count number

Hi, I search all forum, but I can not find solutions of my problem :( I have multiple files (5000 files), inside there is this data : FILE 1: 1195.921 -898.995 0.750312E-02-0.497526E-02 0.195382E-05 0.609417E-05 -2021.287 1305.479-0.819754E-02 0.107572E-01 0.313018E-05 0.885066E-05 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs under conditions

Hi all, I want to extract some paragraphs out of a file under certain conditions. - The paragraph must start with 'fmri' - The paragraph must contain the string 'restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default' My input is like that : fmri svc:/system/vxpbx:default state_time Wed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armoric
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sorting in paragraphs

I am very new to shell scripting, current try to do a sorting of a text file in paragraphs with ksh script. example: File content: A1100001 line 1 = "testing" line 2 = something, line 3 = 100 D1200003 line 1 = "testing" line 2 = something, line 3 = 100 B1200003 line 1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and count number of Duplicate rows

Hi All, I need to extract duplicate rows from a file and write these bad records into another file. And need to have a count of these bad records. i have a command awk ' {s++} END { for(i in s) { if(s>1) { print i } } }' ${TMP_DUPE_RECS}>>${TMP_BAD_DATA_DUPE_RECS}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip the delimiter with in double quotes and count the number of delimiters during data extract

Hi All, I'm stuck-up in finding a way to skip the delimiter which come within double quotes using awk or any other better option. can someone please help me out. Below are the details: Delimited: | Sample data: 742433154|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrahmaNaiduA
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract count of string in all files and display on date wise

Hi All, hope you all are doing well! I kindly ask you for shell scripting help, here is the description: I have huge number of files shown below on date wise, which contains different strings(numbers you can say) including 505001 and 602001. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines that have dupliucate and count them

Dear friends i have big file and i want to export the filw with new column for the lines that have same duplicate value in first column : ex : , ex : -bash-3.00$ cat INTCONT-IS.CSV M205-00-106_AMDRN:1-0-6-22,12-662-4833,intContact,2016-11-15 02:32:16,50... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: is2_egypt
9 Replies
OGMDEMUX(1)							   User Commands						       OGMDEMUX(1)

NAME
ogmdemux - Extract streams from OGG/OGM files into separate files SYNOPSIS
ogmdemux [options] inname DESCRIPTION
This program extracts all or only some streams from an OGM and writes them to separate files. inname Use 'inname' as the source. -o, --output out Use 'out' as the base for destination file names. '-v1', '-v2', '-a1', '-t1'... will be appended to this name. Default: use 'inname'. -a, --astream n Extract specified audio stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -d, --vstream n Extract specified video stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -t, --tstream n Extract specified text stream. Can be used more than once. Default: extract all streams. -na, --noaudio Don't extract any audio streams. -nv, --novideo Don't extract any video streams. -nt, --notext Don't extract any text streams. Default: extract all streams. -r, --raw Extract the raw streams only. Default: extract to useful formats (AVI, WAV, OGG, SRT...). -v, --verbose Increase verbosity. -h, --help Show this help. -V, --version Show version number. NOTES
What works: * Extraction of the following formats is fully supported including writing the stream contents to useful container formats: video -> AVI Vorbis -> OGG/Vorbis PCM -> WAV text -> text files (SRT subtitle format) * All other audio streams (MP3, AC3) are just copied 1:1 into output files. MP3 and AC3 files should be usable. Others might not. What not works: * Headers created by older OggDS (DirectShow) filter versions are not supported (and probably never will be). AUTHOR
ogmdemux was written by Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>. SEE ALSO
ogmmerge(1), ogmsplit(1), ogminfo(1), ogmcat(1), dvdxchap(1) WWW
The newest version can always be found at <http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/> <http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/> ogmdemux v1.5 November 2004 OGMDEMUX(1)