Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Program to search for the files with specific format Post 302993329 by bharath561989 on Wednesday 8th of March 2017 05:36:16 PM
Old 03-08-2017
Hi Don,

Thank you.
Would be helpful if you can provide an example to use find -ctime. I need to lst the file which created from 06-MAR-2017 to 08-MAR-2017.

Code:
$ find . -ctime ABC_P_070317.txt
find: Specify a decimal integer for -ctime
Usage: find [-H | -L] path-list [predicate-list]

Thanks
Bharat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search all files for specific string

Hi Friends, How can I search all files in all slices on a unix system for a particular string within the file. e.g search string 'oracle' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files that all contain 4 specific words

Hello, I want an one line command that brings me back all the files in a folder that contain 4 specific words anywhere inside them. I want to use find,xargs and grep. for example i know for one word the command would be: find . | xargs grep 'Word1' But i don't know for 4 specific words... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: WoodenSword
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help make a program in cshell that searches and prints in a specific format

say I have a file named phones in that file every line is like that lastname^firstname^phone how can I make a program in cshell that searches for a specific string in phones and echos the result (if found) like that: lastname1 firstname1 phone1 ------------------ lastname2 firstname2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: h4wk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files without a specific text

Hi all, I need UNIX command that would give me all files without the string "4R" anywhere in the file. I have about a hundred files in my directory, and I need to list all files wihtout the string "4R" anywhere. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.l (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search all the files in a directory for a specific string

Hi Guys, I want to search the content of all the files (of a particular type like .txt) in a directory for a specific string pattern. Can anyone help me? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for content in files. Name of files is in another file. Format as report.

Hi I have multiple files in a folder and one file which contains a list of files (one on each line). I was to search for a string only within these files and not the whole folder. I need the output to be in the form File1<tab>string instance 2<tab> string instance 2<tab>string instance 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkabali
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing files in a specific format

Hi, I have following files in a directory with '.meta' extension, which have data in follwoing patterns. i need to print data from these files in below metioned format. please provide a script for this solution. file names: TEST_HISTORY_MTH.meta AB_TEST_1.meta cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files having filename containing specific date format

Hi, I have a requirement to create a shell script(tcsh) that finds all the files in a directory having the file name containing date format "YYYYMMDDHHMM" and extract the date time part ""YYYYMMDDHHMM" for further processing. Could you please have any idea on this. trades_201604040000.out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running program and output files in specific directories

I have been running a program mseed2sac using the following command cd IV find . -type f -exec /swadmin/mseed2sac '{}' \; The problem is that I end up with a lot of files in directory IV. Instead I would like to select the designator HHZ, create a directory IV.SAC and all the files output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)