Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8 Post 302993281 by nadeemrafikhan on Thursday 9th of March 2017 03:02:58 AM
Old 03-09-2017
I really appreciate !! will come back to u if required, hope u will be there Smilie

---------- Post updated 03-09-17 at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-08-17 at 09:04 AM ----------

Hi again, with your help i am able to send email but once i tried to send it with subject and attachment so attachment is sending but without subject. Need your attention here again !!

Quote:
echo "Subject: Testing" | uuencode MY_TEST_FILE.xls MY_TEST_FILE.xls | /usr/sbin/sendmail -f from@abc.com to@abc.com

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from linux

Hi, Could any one get me suggested how to send a mail from a linux server to any external user? I tried the following : $ mail abc@xyz.com Subject: test Hi, This is a test mail. . Cc: def@xyz.com But I haven't recived any mail at abc@xyz.com and def@xyz.com Kindly help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi_4984
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

mail not working with company id

Hi, I have a fresh new installation of red hat linux. I am trying to send an email from the "mail" utility from inside my Linux box to my company id "xxx@company.com". We are using microsoft exchange server online version to host our company's email. I am able to send emails to gmail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya33184
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to send mail from redhat linux server

While sending mail from linux server we observed below logs, stat=Deferred: Name server: xxxxxxxxxx.: host name lookup failure Kindly suggest what we need to change? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to send a file in e-mail from on Linux C++?

Hi ! I-m copile from source a C++ program from tutorials from internet. I don't understendig any programing languages.. but compiled aplication running ok. I-ts possible to add in my used program, lines to send one file from config directory in e-mail, to my e-mail adress ? I want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraftwerk
2 Replies
AMC-MAILING(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						    AMC-MAILING(1)

NAME
AMC-mailing - mail PDF annotated completed answer sheets to students SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice mailing [--xmlargs args.xml] --projet project-dir --students-list students-list.csv [--list-encoding encoding] --email-column col --sender sender-email --subject subject --text email-body [--debug file.log] [transport arguments...] DESCRIPTION
The command AMC-mailing.pl sends by email the PDF annotated completed answer sheets to the students. Email addresses are taken from the students list file. --projet project-dir Gives the project directory. --students-list students-list.csv sets the students list file name. --list-encoding encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --email-column col sets the name of the column containing the email addresses of the students in the students list file. --sender sender-email sets the sender email. --subject subject sets the subject of the emails to send. --text email-body sets the body text of the emails to send. --transport transport sets the transport to use. transport may be sendmail or SMTP. --debug file.log gives a file to fill with debugging information. TRANSPORT ARGUMENTS
Depending on the value used for argument transport, the following arguments can be added: Transport sendmail --sendmail-path path sets the path to the sendmail command (defaults to /usr/sbin/sendmail). Transport SMTP --smtp-host host sets the SMTP hostname (defaults to smtp). --smtp-port port sets the port to use (default value is 25). ARGUMENTS IN A XML FILE
To avoid encoding problems, one can place some arguments in a XML file and use the --xmlargs file.xml argument as the first command argument. Here is an exemple of such a file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <arguments> <arg>--sender</arg><arg>Bienvenue &lt;paamc@passoire.fr&gt;</arg> <arg>--text</arg><arg>Voila votre copie corrigee</arg> <arg>--subject</arg><arg>QCM</arg> </arguments> AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-MAILING(1)