Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8 Post 302993280 by drysdalk on Wednesday 8th of March 2017 09:01:06 AM
Old 03-08-2017
Hi,

The excerpt of /var/log/maillog which you posted showed the message being passed from your own system, to another system. You now need to log on to that other system (the one whose IP I've now removed from the previous post, as per your request), and see what it then did with the mail. If it's a UNIX-style system then it will most likely have a /var/log/maillog of its own. If it's something else (Microsoft Exchange, say) then it will have another mechanism for checking what happened to the mail.

E-mail delivery is a chain of events leading from the sending server all the way through to the server that finally knows what to actually do with the mail in question, often with other intermediary servers in between. You have to trace what happened to the mail at each step along its journey to its final destination to figure out why it's not been delivered. The logs on your own workstation won't be enough, since all they show is that your local MTA did its job, and passed the mail on to the server that it believed would know what to do with it next.
This User Gave Thanks to drysdalk For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from linux

Hi, Could any one get me suggested how to send a mail from a linux server to any external user? I tried the following : $ mail abc@xyz.com Subject: test Hi, This is a test mail. . Cc: def@xyz.com But I haven't recived any mail at abc@xyz.com and def@xyz.com Kindly help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi_4984
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

mail not working with company id

Hi, I have a fresh new installation of red hat linux. I am trying to send an email from the "mail" utility from inside my Linux box to my company id "xxx@company.com". We are using microsoft exchange server online version to host our company's email. I am able to send emails to gmail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya33184
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to send mail from redhat linux server

While sending mail from linux server we observed below logs, stat=Deferred: Name server: xxxxxxxxxx.: host name lookup failure Kindly suggest what we need to change? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to send a file in e-mail from on Linux C++?

Hi ! I-m copile from source a C++ program from tutorials from internet. I don't understendig any programing languages.. but compiled aplication running ok. I-ts possible to add in my used program, lines to send one file from config directory in e-mail, to my e-mail adress ? I want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraftwerk
2 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)