Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [nmcli] Where is the configuration file of device (redhat 7) Post 302993246 by bentech4u on Wednesday 8th of March 2017 12:33:30 AM
Old 03-08-2017
check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

also check the device

# ls /sys/class/net/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

x window configuration for redhat 6.0

I recently tried to install redhat 6.0 on my IBM desk top. Everything was fine except the x window. After the installation, I logged in, the icons and graphics were so big that I even could not read a complete message in one screen. I did not find any helpful tool in the control panel to help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yinuod
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat display cpu configuration

Hello people ! Does anyone knows how can I get the CPU configuration in the RedHat Box ??? I need know the frequence of cpu and how much cpu(s) in my box ... Thank you, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

qmail configuration in redhat linux - doubts

hi, How to Install & configure the qmail in redhat linux? and also how to get the free qmail package? I know the sendmail configuration in redhat linux. What is the features of qmail compared with sendmail? Regards, Jones (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones_linux
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where do the configuration files from Redhat (fedora) authconfig-tui reside?

I have tried moving out the /etc/ldap.conf as well as /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files. I have LDAP Authentication turned on in the TUI. It lets me define a host and base, but the entries are not saved to the above files. /etc/sysconfig/authconfig has a bunch of environmental variables, but none... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

9. AIX

0514-516 Device Configuration Database Lock Service

Hello guys, on one of our AIX VIO LPARs I can not remove hdiskpower devices, which seemed to presented to the VIO in an incorrect way and behaviour (not all paths can be seen, pseudo device name is unknown etc.) Therefor I decided to deattach the hdiskpower device from PowerPath controll by: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomek79
5 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)