Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with command modification Post 302993003 by Don Cragun on Sunday 5th of March 2017 01:43:49 AM
Old 03-05-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkota
Thanks Robin.. This is only a small sample from the log file and for this log file i will be looking to match the record for 2017-02-16. I already included my original command to get the highest number of requests per second and it works well but you haven't provide any answer to my questions
You should assume when starting a new thread that no one reading this thread has any knowledge of any of your previous threads nor that they have taken the time to search for and read all of your earlier posts to figure out what you are talking about.

As robin said, the pipeline you showed us in post #1 in this thread when fed the sample input you provided in post #3 in this thread produces absolutely no output. Based on that and your lack of a clear description of what you are trying to do in this thread, robin (and most other readers of this thread) have no way to guess at what you are trying to do. If you don't want to provide a clear explanation of what you are trying to do in this thread, I would not expect anyone to waste any more time trying to answer your questions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for modification date of a file

Good morning, I would like to find all files of a certain type and display their name as well as their modification date. In order to do this, I would do the following: find ./ -name *.csv | ???????? My question: what to put after the pipe instead of the question marks? Is there a basic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in script modification

i have the following perl script.but it searches for a given filename. i want to run the same script in my directoy which has subdirectories too and it has to display the file if sreach satisfies along with directory name. can anyone help me: perl script: my $FILE = $ARGV; for zf in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.suryakumar
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Command for checking modification history on file

What is the command for checking modification history on file? ---------- Post updated at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:35 PM ---------- Let me rephrase this. On a regular Unix file can I at least check to see the time and date history modification of the file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
6 Replies

4. Solaris

User id modification

Dear All, Some of the users having the same user id and group id in my /etc/passwd file. Now I want to change the users to have a unique user id and group id. How can we do that. If I change this will it affect the running applications. Rgds Rj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modification of Two Files

I have a script that produces two output files each containing the same number of lines <file1.txt> and <file2.txt>. What I need to do is combine both files into a new file <file3.txt> where line 1 of <file1.txt> is put to the right (and on the same line) as line 1 of <file2.txt> and then the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command modification

below is a snippet of code from a larger perl code: my $uname = ( -e '/usr/bin/uname' ) ? '/usr/bin/uname' : '/bin/uname'; my $os = ( `$uname 2>/dev/null` ); when i run this code, it seems to be complaining about the backticks. is there any efficient way i can get rid of the backticks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification to awk command

i have a php file that has this: php.code #!/usr/bin/php <?php phpinfo(); hlight_file(__FILE__); ?> I want my awk code grab whatever is inbetween and including the "<?php" and "?>". Then, it should scan all the entries between these two points. And if the entries between these... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

cp modification

I'm usia Raspbian, a Debian subset, and wondering what work would be involved in altering the cp command. cp at present needs a full path and file name for source and at least full filename for destination. How can I change this so the second parameter isn't needed? So if the destination... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
6 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD