Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tweak python program to give result in json Post 302992724 by ashokvpp on Wednesday 1st of March 2017 03:58:25 AM
Old 03-01-2017
Super it works as expected. Good day!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

get program name give a process id

Hi , I have query regarding to get a program name given a pid in HP-Ux . give procees id ( PID) i would like to retrieve the process/program through a C program ? my input to c program will be will be pid and i would like to know what is process name /program name . Many Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. Programming

Please give me some advise to program for unix/linux using c/c++?

I have a good foundation of c++.I want to learn to program for linux/unix,can you give me some advises,for example classic books ,which operating system is used better(freebsd,solaris,federal linux.etc),and which aspects uses mostly in job.Can you give me clear direction for working or learning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fengshuiyue
1 Replies

4. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give runtime arguments to different program

I have a shell script that is attempting to call a c program. I call the c program with ./dictool dictool accepts arguments at runtime. It works by prompting the user for various commands, acting on those commands, spitting out an output, and then prompting for more commands. My question is,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aarongoldfein
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] My sed command not give me a satisfy result

This is my command echo "Test" | sed -f <(sed -e 's/.*/s,&,gI/' mydic) In mydic file,containing 2 columns delimit by comma (,) a,AlphabetA . . . e,AlphabetE . . s,AlphabetS . t,AlphabetT test,testedd . . zebra,zebraaaa The expect result is testedd (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Runicer
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a text file as input while running a program?

Hi Friends, I am running a program /path/to/program -i 1 100 -o /path/to/output/op_1_100.txt In the above command, I have to try various number of combinations at the -i parameter and the output file name varies with each combination. Now, I have my -i parameter text file, which is like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

8. Programming

Json dissect with python

hello, I'm trying to parse a json file and print out each element along with some related infos such type and value. I would like to do that in python and I found a nice support to quickly load the json file, instead I found a bit more difficult the information extraction. Example, I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to take awk result out (piping to other program)?

Hi! all here is my code which is working fine no errors but I want to know how to take result and input to other program awk 'FNR==1{i++}{LC=NR} {for(k=1; k<=NF; k++) A=$k} END{for (i=1;i<=LC;i++) { for(j=1;j<=LC;j++) if(A=='$UID' && A>='$MX'+A &&... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

10. Programming

Java HTTP PUT Request/JSON Not Working But Using Python It Does ?

I have some code that I have been playing around with learning Java: import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.IOException; import java.io.InputStreamReader; import java.io.OutputStream; import java.net.HttpURLConnection; import java.net.MalformedURLException; import java.net.URL; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
SUPERIOTOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SUPERIOTOOL(8)

NAME
superiotool - Super I/O detection tool SYNOPSIS
superiotool [-delVvh] DESCRIPTION
superiotool is a GPL'd user-space utility which can * detect which Super I/O chip is soldered onto your mainboard, * at which configuration port it's located (usually 0x2e or 0x4e), and * dump all register contents of the Super I/O chip, together with the default values as per datasheet (to make comparing the values easy). It is mainly used for coreboot development purposes (see coreboot.org for details on coreboot), but it may also be useful for other things. The list of supported Super I/O chips is available at http://coreboot.org/Superiotool#Supported_devices, but it can also be viewed by run- ning superiotool -l. OPTIONS
If no command line option is specified, superiotool merely tries to detect the Super I/O chip. You must use the -d option to dump the Super I/O register contents. -d, --dump Dump Super I/O registers (if the Super I/O chip is detected and superiotool supports the --dump option for this chip). The output will look something like this: $ superiotool -d Found SMSC FDC37N769 (id=0x28, rev=0x01) at 0x3f0 Register dump: idx 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c 0d 0e 0f 10 11... val 20 90 80 f4 00 00 ff 00 00 00 40 00 0e 28 01 00 00 00... def 28 9c 88 70 00 00 ff 00 00 00 00 00 02 28 NA 00 00 80... The idx fields contain the register numbers/indexes of the Super I/O, the val fields contain the contents of the respective register as read from the Super I/O, and the def fields contain the default values for the respective register, as specified in the datasheet. The numbers in the output are all in hex format, and some special values may also occur: NA stands for not available (i.e., the datasheet doesn't specify a default value for the respective register), RR means reserved (the datasheet explicitly marks this reg- ister as reserved), and MM means misc, which can mean several things. It's recommended to consult the datasheet for detailed infor- mation about the MM fields. -e, --extra-dump Dump extra secondary register contents too, if available. Only in combination with the --dump option. This option will, for instance, dump the environmental controller (EC) configuration registers for the ITE IT8716F chip. The format is similar to the out- put of the --dump option. -l, --list-supported List all Super I/O chips recognized by superiotool. The phrase (dump available) following a chip name indicates that superiotool supports the --dump option for this chip. -V, --verbose Enable verbose mode. This option can be used together with the -d option. The verbose output will not only list for which type of Super I/O the tool is scanning, but also at which configuration port it's probing, and which Super I/O initialization sequence is used. If no Super I/O was detected in a probing run, the returned output will be shown, as it may be useful for figuring out which (currently unrecognized) Super I/O chip this may be. -v, --version Show version information and exit. -h, --help Show a help text and exit. BUGS
Please report any bugs at http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/newticket or on the coreboot mailing list (http://coreboot.org/Mail- inglist). AUTHORS
Please see the individual source code files and/or the README file. LICENCE
superiotool is covered by the GNU General Public License (GPL), either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
sensors-detect(8) January 18, 2008 SUPERIOTOOL(8)