Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [All variants] Change settings Post 302992702 by useretail on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 04:30:15 PM
Old 02-28-2017
I understand. But the script will not parse any parameters until I know their exact names.

For example if I will not edit the script to parse #SETTINGSPARAMETER, script will not output it.

The problem is, that I have no idea what these names are. All I can say that they don't have spaces...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how do I change locale settings?

I support a product which writes to log files and it's currently formatting the date in US format. I've established this is due to these settings: account1# locale -k d_fmt t_fmt d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" t_fmt="%H:%M:%S" If I log on with a different account the settings are different: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m223464
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change root's .profile settings

As a regular (non-root) user on Unix servers I'm accustomed to changing my .profile file to set paths that I frequently use, etc. I am trying to learn unix and set up a test server running SunOS 5.8. When I login as root I don't see a .profile file that belongs to root wherein I could change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

4. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

6. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change user settings..

Hi, I have 48 cores in my server. I want to assign 50% of the cores to certain programs and rest to some other programms. I found the command "taskset" very good option to assign cpu afinity to already running programms or newly created programms. But the problem is even if i set a cron to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rantu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change default settings of nslookup

how and where can i change permanent the settings of nslookup? each time i change it by doing nslookup set timeout=2 the nslookup , does not save the settings , how can i do it in permanent way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] remove first pair of parentheses

How to remove first pair of parentheses and content in them from the beginning of the line? Here's the list: (ok)-test (ok)-test-(ing) (some)-test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Desired result: test test-(ing) test-(ing)-test test-(ing) Here's what I already tried with GNU sed: sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
6 Replies
getopt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 getopt(1)

NAME
getopt - Parses command line flags and arguments SYNOPSIS
getopt format tokens DESCRIPTION
The getopt command is used to parse a list of tokens using a format that specifies expected flags and arguments. A flag is a single ASCII letter and, when followed by a : (colon), is expected to take a modifying argument that may or may not be separated from it by one or more tabs or spaces. (You can include multi-byte characters in arguments, but not as flag letters.) The getopt command completes processing when it has read all tokens or when it encounters the special token -- (double dash). It then out- puts the processed flags, a --, and any remaining tokens. If a token fails to match a flag, getopt writes a message to standard error. NOTES
In the csh, use the following command to run getopt: set argv=`getopt flag_string $*` EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the use of getopt in a skeleton shell script to parse options: #!/bin/sh # parse command line into arguments set -- `getopt a:bc $*` # check result of parsing if [ $? != 0 ] then exit 1 fi while [ $1 != -- ] do case $1 in -a) # set up the -a flag AFLG=1 AARG=$2 shift;; -b) # set up the -b flag BFLG=1;; -c) # set up the -c flag CFLG=1;; esac shift # next flag done shift # skip double dash # now do the work . . . The following are all equivalent arguments to the script: -a ARG -b -c -- A B C -a ARG -bc -- A B C -aARG -b -c -- A B C -b -c -a ARG -- A B C SEE ALSO
Commands: sh(1) Functions: getopt(3) getopt(1)