Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting [CR][LF] using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting [CR][LF] using sed Post 302992649 by dae on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 06:19:13 AM
Old 02-28-2017
Many Thanks to all of you for your help,

Regards,

Didier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Multiple Lines with sed

I am trying to use sed to delete multiple lines in a file. The problem is that I need to search for a certain line and then once found delete it plus the next 4 lines. For instance if I had a file that consisted of the following lines: #Data1.start ( (Database= data1) (Name = IPC)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help deleting lines with SED.

I take the /etc/passwd file and print it out, but I only want the lines that end with sh. I have cat /etc/passwd | sed '/sh/!d' Which prints out all lines that have sh somewhere in it. So I added $, which I thought matches the ends on lines, but its not working, like for example I have have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed logic before deleting

FileA NAME STATE CITY ---- ---- ----- abc ca ca bcc ny ny def nj nj (3 rows affected) Q1) I want to delete the second row with is ---- ---- -----. Can delete 2nd row using following sed '2d' FileA >FileB but incase the second record is not ---- ---- -----. then data will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines using Sed

Hi All, Please can anyone help me as am deleting a line in a file with the below script: sed '/"$value"/d' redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf > olist where $value is a variable where the pattern to be matched is stored. I am not getting any error also but the line containing the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting text records with sed (sed paragraphs)

Hi all, First off, Thank you all for the knowledge I have gleaned from this site! Deleting Records from a text file... sed paragraphs The following code works nearly perfect, however each time it is run on the log file it adds a newline at the head of the file, run it 5 times, it'll have 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting text with sed

Hi There! I've got a tab delimited text file (output from a software) to which I would like to delete specific strings from one of the columns. I have tried several sed codes, but they do not seem to work for me. I can manage to delete a specific word, but this is of no use, as I what I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - deleting each line up to a word

Hi there, I'd like to delete the beginning of a line up until it finds a certain word or character string: in this case, I'd like to delete each line up to the word "mounting". Thanks ;) Susan (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitykity
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all but a regex using sed, tr, cut etc

Hi guys, this is my first post, though I've been looking around the forums for a while trying to find a solution to my problem. I want to be able to take a several lines of text (an out put from get-iplayer and ls to be precise) and only keep the crazy alphanumerical code in each line. For example:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pureferret
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting last 3 lines from a file via sed

Hi Anybody can help me to delete the last 3 lines from a text file via sed under SunOS 5.8? Thanks Aldar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed for deleting the first word of each line?

sed /'1-2'/&^/ filename suppose there is a file containing three lines , how do we do delete the word from each line? hyter efr frf rerfer efe ewd cdcf evrfgf erfv the output has to look like frf ewd erfv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Nukala
2 Replies
sane-coolscan(5)					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					  sane-coolscan(5)

NAME
sane-coolscan - SANE backend for Nikon film-scanners ABOUT THIS FILE
This file is a short description of the coolscan-backend for sane! DESCRIPTION
The sane-coolscan library implements a SANE backend that provides the interface to the following Nikon Coolscan Film scanners: Nikon LS20, LS30, LS1000, LS2000. Even though the backend has worked for a number of people, there are still some problems, especially in combination with some SCSI card/drivers (AHA-1505/aha152x.o) and the autofocus command. You should consider this backend 'alpha' and be careful when using it the first time. CONFIGURATION
The configuration file for this backend resides in /etc/sane.d/coolscan.conf. Its contents is a list of device names that correspond to Nikon Coolscan scanners. Empty lines and lines starting with a hash mark (#) are ignored. A sample configuration file is shown below: #scsi Vendor Model Type scsi Nikon * Scanner /dev/scanner The special device name must be a generic SCSI device or a symlink to such a device. To find out to which device your scanner is assigned and how you have to set the permissions of that device, have a look at sane-scsi. SCSI ADAPTER TIPS
Some SCSI-adapters and low-level SCSI drivers do not work correctly with this backend and the Coolscan scanners. These systems hang when the autofocus command is send to the Scanner. To see a list of which card/driver combinations work or dont work have a look at: http://andreas.rick.free.fr/sane/autofocus.html. FILES
The backend configuration file: /etc/sane.d/coolscan.conf The static library implementing this backend: /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-coolscan.a The shared library implementing this backend: /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-coolscan.so (present on systems that support dynamic loading) ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity: SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN values Examples: on bash: export SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN=8 on csh: setenv SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN 8 BUGS
The autofocus command does not work with some SCSI card/driver combinations The gamma table is not implemented for the LS1000 yet. The dust-removal is not working yet SEE ALSO
http://andreas.rick.free.fr/sane/ The homepage of this backend http://www.sema.be/coolscan/ The original version of the coolscan backend by Didier sane(7), sane-scsi(5) THANKS TO
Didier Carlier - For writing the original Coolscan backend (without it I would not have started this) Oliver Rauch - For adapting xsane so quickly to the infrared stuff. All the other people working on SANE. AUTHOR
Andreas Rick EMAIL-CONTACT andreas.rick@free.fr 13 Jul 2008 sane-coolscan(5)