Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to solve hang issue in script? Post 302992615 by vgersh99 on Monday 27th of February 2017 06:25:30 PM
Old 02-27-2017
hsouldn't it be like this?
Code:
fun()
{
example: tnsping "${1}"
}

for i in one two three
do
  check=`fun "${i}"`
  echo $check >> test
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Help me to solve this issue

Hi, I want to send a .tar file from one solaris 5.9 server to another server in order to make files in sync.What method i can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

please help me solve this issue.........

Hi, I am having a Solaris 5.9 server in which an audit trail script is running every day.It is doing nothing but taking the backup of three files given below -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1807 May 18 01:30 login_server1_17May2008 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 18 01:30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone solve this awk issue ?

awk -F^ '{ if (($1 != "X") && ($5 != "3")) || if (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "2")) print $0}' abc> xyz The above command returns this error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 I am newbie to awk, Any awk intelligence involved in correcting this issue is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

4. AIX

Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

On AIX platform we are having Weblogic 8.1 as the middleware for an application. The application is deployed in Weblogic on AIX platform and the server is having 2 dedicated listening ports for any incoming requests. Output for netstat -an command for the port 30001 is as follows:- tcp4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE hang issue

Hi, I am facing some issues on Solaris 10 (SPARC 5.10 Generic_118833-36). The issue is when I try to connect/login through CDE it hangs (hangs at login screen). I tried connecting thourgh VNC client also but that also not helped. I had done no configuration change or modified any kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgupta
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Zone hang issue

I have a solaris10 zone running an oracle db in it. The zone hangs after some time the db is started and i 'm unable to log into the zone after that so i have to halt and restart the zone along with db .. but after few hrs again it hangs. What would be the reason for it. I did svcs -xv and got... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
13 Replies

7. Programming

A system hang issue in porting an old fs to kernel 2.6.32.*

Hi, I ported a file system from Kernel version 2.6.18.* to 2.6.32.46 as VFS implementation has changed and prepare_write/commit_write are replaced by write_begin/write_end pairs. Implemented the feature by writing a wrapper for write_begin and write_end and calling original functions for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to checkVenn diagram issue solve by Unix programm

Hello Any Unix programm can help me to solve thsi issue: I have 2 venn digrams please checke the attached file for pictures of venn diagram for eg red is A yellow is B and green is C..Please see attached file for Venn diagrams In one ..... I have 3 data set A , B and C Venn diagram... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

10. Programming

Removed /root/.cabal by mistake - how to solve this issue?

I have mistakenly removed /root/.cabal/ from my root directoty and when I tried to reinstall it I get this output: faiz:~$ sudo cabal install pandoc --reinstall Resolving dependencies... In order, the following will be installed: pandoc-1.14.0.4 (reinstall) Warning: Note that reinstalls are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux