Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk record matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk record matching Post 302992446 by Scrutinizer on Friday 24th of February 2017 10:25:02 PM
Old 02-24-2017
Try:
Code:
awk '
  NR==FNR {
    n=split($3,F," ")
    c=x
    for(i=1; i<=n; i++) c=c toupper(substr(F[i],1,1)) tolower(substr(F[i],2)) " "
    A[$1]=$2
    A[tolower($4)]=c
    next
  }
  {
    print $1, A[tolower($1)]
  }
' FS='\t' OFS='\t' listB listA

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-24-2017 at 11:33 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: record has too many fields

Hi, I'm trying this command - but get this error. Do you guys have any workaround for this? cat tf|sed 's/{//g'|sed 's/,//g'|awk '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i == "OPTIME") {k = i + 2; print $i,$k}}}' awk: record `2005 Jul 28 17:35:29...' has too many fields record number 15 This is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - if last line/record do something

Hello: I am trying to perform a certain action if the current record is the last line of the input file. But I am unable to figure out how to determine the last line of a file in awk. I need to do something like this: awk '{ if (lastline == NR) Do Something}' myfile.txt I have tried the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PacificWonder
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a record from one file matching from second file using awk

I need help :) I have two input files and I'd like to generate a report based on the two. filea: hostname,account1,password ,account2,password hostname,account1,password hostname,account1,password ,account1,password ,account2,password repeating hostnames are blank fileb: hosta... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: synmag
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Record splitting with AWK

Hi all ! I need your help as quick as possible. My input file like this: bạc těnh ( 薄情) 1 . 薄情な.2. 夫婦或いは男女の不貞を指す。 bách (百,迫)1.100ドソ. tr a m b a c ともいう. 2.柏(カヽしわ)・ 3.圧迫する.4.差し迫った, My propose is take the value in the firt bracket. I used the command like : ...if (index(... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maixu134
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting record by matching in two columns values

Hi Guys ! i want to search a record in file by matching two values in a record in two different columns suppose i have 3 columns and i want to select all those values from col1 for which in col3 has a specific value e.g select all "john" from column1 where column 3 has a value of "20" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: matching and not matching

Hello all, simple matching and if not match problem that i can't figure out. file1 hostname: 30 10 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name1 -p 00 9 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name2 -p 15 8 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name3 -p hostname2: 00 8 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk: record too long

Hi All , I am getting record too long for the below command . nawk -F\" '{a=a" "$2} END{for(i in a) print i,a }' test|sort|awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) t=t"\t"$i;if(NF>max)max=NF} END{for(i=1;i<=max;i++)print t }' File test has 850 records ... Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print matching records and occurences of each record

Hi all , I have two files : dblp.xml with dblp records and itu1.txt with faculty members records. I need to find out how many dblp records are related to the faculty members. More specific: I need to find out which names from itu1.txt are a match in dblp. xml file , print them and show how many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iori
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
TZSELECT(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       TZSELECT(8)

NAME
tzselect - select a timezone SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
The tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting timezone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable. All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is zero if a timezone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
AWK Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk). TZDIR Name of the directory containing timezone data files (default: /usr/share/zoneinfo). FILES
TZDIR/iso3166.tab Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names. TZDIR/zone.tab Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments. TZDIR/TZ Time zone data file for timezone TZ. SEE ALSO
tzfile(5), zdump(8), zic(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-05-18 TZSELECT(8)