Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read contains within { and replace the word Post 302992407 by ghpradeep on Friday 24th of February 2017 01:03:00 PM
Old 02-24-2017
Hi,
I want to change instance depend upon host name. First it should match host name and then it should change the host group name or service group instance name from that group.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How read and replace Microsoft word in Unix

Hi, I'm newbie in UNIX. I would like to ask how to read a file which in Microsoft word format? Inside the doc file is just a few sentences . "It is a text. Help me with it". and I would like to replace the the word of text to message. I was trying with this for i in `find . -type f -name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tee
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word after a particular word in a file

Hi, I want to replace a word in a file which occurs after a particular word. For example : $cat file.txt CASE WHEN AND c1 = 'I' AND c2= '2' THEN 1 WHEN AND c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word with another word

Hello Friends, How to substitue with a word by another word in file written in VI Editor. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath 7760774961 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranganath
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read argument with $ value in the word

Hi i am having a shell script reading two arguments. when the shell script is passed with argument containing $ in it, the value from $ onwards is getting truncated and my script is failing. i have to do in reading the arguments in the shell script only as i am not having control on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies
JOINGROUP(3PVM) 						  PVM Version 3.4						   JOINGROUP(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_joingroup - Enrolls the calling process in a named group. SYNOPSIS
C int inum = pvm_joingroup( char *group ) Fortran call pvmfjoingroup( group, inum ) PARAMETERS
group Character string group name of an existing group. inum Integer instance number returned by the routine. Instance numbers start at 0 and count up. Values less than zero indicate an error. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_joingroup enrolls the calling task in the group named group and returns the instance number inum of this task in this group. If there is an error inum will be negative. Instance numbers start at 0 and count up. When using groups a (group, inum) pair uniquely identifies a PVM process. This is consistent with the PVM 2.4 naming schemes. If a task leaves a group by calling pvm_lvgroup and later rejoins the same group, the task is not guaran- teed to get the same instance number. PVM attempts to reuse old instance numbers, so when a task joins a group it will get the lowest available instance number. A task can be a member of multiple groups simultaneously. EXAMPLES
C: inum = pvm_joingroup( "worker" ); Fortran: CALL PVMFJOINGROUP( 'group2', INUM ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_joingroup PvmSysErr pvmd was not started or has crashed. PvmBadParam giving a NULL group name. PvmDupGroup trying to join a group you are already in. SEE ALSO
pvm_lvgroup(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 JOINGROUP(3PVM)