Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract the whole set if a pattern matches Post 302992056 by RudiC on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 05:40:44 AM
Old 02-21-2017
Try (untested)
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR {T[$1]; next} {for (t in T) if ($0 ~ t) print}' RS=";" ORS=";" table.txt input.txt

Last edited by RudiC; 02-21-2017 at 07:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract if pattern matches

Hi All, I have an input below. I tried to use the awk below but it seems that it ;s not working. Can anybody help ? My concept here is to find the 2nd field of the last occurrence of such pattern " ** XXX ccc ccc cc cc ccc 2007 " . In this case, the 2nd field is " XXX ". With this "XXX" term... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count pattern matches

i have an awk statement which i am using to count the number of occurences of the number ,5, in the file: awk '/,5,/ {count++}' TRY.txt | awk 'END { printf(" Total parts: %d",count)}' i know there is a total of 10 matches..what is wrong here? thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value that matches file name pattern

Hi I have files with names that contain the date in several formats as, YYYYMMDD, DD-MM-YY,DD.MM.YY or similar combinations. I know if a file fits in one pattern or other, but i donīt know how to extract the substring contained in the file that matches the pattern. For example, i know that ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjrm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove if the above line matches pattern

but keep if does not I have a file: --> my.out foo: bar foo: moo blarg i am on vacation foo: goose foo: lucy foo: moose foo: stucky groover@monkey.org foo: bozo grimace@gonzo.net dear sir - blargo blargo foo: goon foo: sloppy foo: saudi gimme gimme gimme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns where header matches a given string

Hi, I'm having trouble pulling out columns where the headers match a file of key ID's I'm interested in and was looking for some help. file1.txt I Name 34 56 84 350 790 1215 1919 7606 9420 file2.txt I Name 1 1 2 2 3 3 ... 34 34... 56 56... 84 84... 350 350... M 1 A A A A... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Not to Delete Words that matches a PATTERN

Hi, I have a test file name test.txt with its contents string 21345 qwee strinn strriin striin i need to delete all the words except the word STRING I used the command cat test.txt | sed 's/^..*$/**/g' but the output entries still contain strinn strriin striin. Plz Help me out.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananth12
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with range but matches pattern

To match range, the command is: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/' but what I want is the range is printed only if there is additional pattern that matches in the range itself? maybe like this: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/ if only in that range there is /pattern/' Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks of text in a file - extract when matches...

I sat down yesterday to write this script and have just realised that my methodology is broken........ In essense I have..... ----------------------------------------------------------------- (This line really is in the file) Service ID: 12345 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a 1st line which matches the particular pattern?

Hi all, I have file on which I do grep on "/tmp/data" then I get 5 lines as dir Path: /tmp/data/20162343134 Starting to listen on ports logging: -- Moving results files from local storage: /tmp/resultsFiles/20162343134/*.gz to NFS: /data/temp/20162343134/outgoing from above got to get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girijajoshi
7 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)