Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script to test mountGpoint for read-write Post 302991984 by jaapar on Monday 20th of February 2017 09:50:28 AM
Old 02-20-2017
Simple script to test mountGpoint for read-write

Guys, need your help urgently.
  • ServerA
  • ServerB

ServerA has an email facility and can connect remotely via root using key to ServerB

What I am trying to achieve here is ServerA would be able to remotely:
1. Do command 'touch /mnt/testfile.date' on ServerB

2. If touch failed with error below[/LIST]
Code:
[root@xxxx mnt]# touch test123
touch: cannot touch `test123': Read-only file system
root@xxxx mnt]#

3. An email get sent from ServerA to my personal email.

Thanks!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-21-2017 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with read/write Files

Hello, I am a Newbie in ksh Unix Script. So I must write a ksh/sh script who read character at a position in a File. So also it must read all the lines who belongs at these characters , then write these lines in a another File. Can you help me , or give little councils to advance with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple read script!

Hi y'all...I've been wracking my brain over this very simple script that reads in a textfile and echos each line. But I keep getting an error. Below is my script: #!/bin/bash while read myline do echo $myline done < t_file-20080221.01.asc The error I am getting is: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevlar28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to write a script to test the folder permissions

Hi All, I want a script to test folder permissions.( to alert me if a folder /abc/xyz does not have 775 permissions). i want to test /abc/xyz is having 775 permissions or not if not it has to alert me. Please help me ASAP Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh212512
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Read & Write on different directories

Hi, root@server] df -h 121G 14G 101G 12% /home 147G 126G 14G 91% /backup We having our site files and images are storing in /backup/home/user/files/ through symbolic link created in /home directory pointing in /backup directory as following. root@server] cd /home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write shelll script to read file location

hi all i have a problem how to read file location..I read file as FILE=/home/tmp/new.file.but t is not useful for me.But i want my script read file location where the file is and copy in directory at boot time. Every time of booting files are copied in respective folder.please help !!!!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script to write new lines in a text file

Hello, I have a comma seperated data sheet with multiple fields of biological data. One column contains the ID name of the sample, where there could be more than one sample separated by a comma. I would like a script that reads this field, and for each sample ID, copies the entire line and writes... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a UNIX/perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perl/unix script to read and write the data using perl script? Regards, Ravi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
4 Replies
touch(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						 touch(1B)

NAME
touch - change file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/touch [-acfm] file... DESCRIPTION
touch sets the access and modification times of each file to the current time. file is created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
-a Change the access time of file. Do not change the modification time unless -m is also specified. -c Do not create file if it does not exist. -f Attempt to force the touch in spite of read and write permissions on file. -m Change the modification time of file. Do not change the access time unless -a is also specified. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of touch when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 touch executed successfully and all requested changes were made. >0 An error occurred. touch returns the number of files for which the times could not be successfully modified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 1995 touch(1B)