Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pandas vs Python CSV module
Top Forums Programming Pandas vs Python CSV module Post 302991796 by srkmish on Thursday 16th of February 2017 10:48:40 AM
Old 02-16-2017
Pandas vs Python CSV module

I was wondering is there any occasion where csv module will be desired over pandas. I skipped learning csv module and jumped right into the beautiful pandas and its magical ability to manipulate data. Dataframes are beautiful!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a Python CLI module

When I say "Command Line Interface" I mean the wrapper that allows you to type "commands" and have then correspond to pre-programmed actions... all the while making sure that it looks like you are INSIDE a shell of sorts. I had good hope for "common.cli" but that didnt last long, when I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess module

I need to run this command using python subprocess module (notice I'm using only variables): cmd = TESTPATH + ' -s ' + serviceName + ' -r ' + rdir + \ ' -m ' + masterAcct + ' -p ' + persona + ' -P ' + passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting specific Excel file tabs to CSV in Python

Hi list, This is probably something really simple, but I am not particularly familiar with Python so I thought I would ask as I know that python has an excel module. I have an excel document with multiple tabs of data and graphs. One of the tabs is just data which I require to have dumped to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggest a python module for automation..

Im planning to automate my testcases. Please suggest me a python module that will ease my automation scripting. General steps involved in the testcase execution: (all steps below are done in linux machine) 1) start the application under test (AUT) 2) connect to oracle/ms sql db and update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: module to convert xlsx to csv

Is there any perl module to convert .xlsx file(excel sheet 2007) to a csv file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

6. Programming

Web browser module in python

Hi, I am trying to multiple urls in multiple tabs within a browser window. I am using webbrowser module in python: My code: import webbrowser li = for url in li: webbrowser.open_new_tab(url) This code works fine, if the browser is already opened. If the browser is not started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a CSV within xml element tag using Python?

Hi Team, I have a CSV file which I have to read through and needs to insert the content within an XML file using Python ONLY ( as most of the code base we have in python only). I managed to find the first part, missing how to insert to XML under "specific" tags. cat input.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
0 Replies
DBD::File(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBD::File(3)

NAME
DBD::File - Base class for writing DBI drivers SYNOPSIS
This module is a base class for writing other DBDs. It is not intended to function as a DBD itself. If you want to access flatfiles, use DBD::AnyData, or DBD::CSV, (both of which are subclasses of DBD::File). DESCRIPTION
The DBD::File module is not a true DBI driver, but an abstract base class for deriving concrete DBI drivers from it. The implication is, that these drivers work with plain files, for example CSV files or INI files. The module is based on the SQL::Statement module, a simple SQL engine. See DBI for details on DBI, SQL::Statement for details on SQL::Statement and DBD::CSV or DBD::IniFile for example drivers. Metadata The following attributes are handled by DBI itself and not by DBD::File, thus they all work like expected: Active ActiveKids CachedKids CompatMode (Not used) InactiveDestroy Kids PrintError RaiseError Warn (Not used) The following DBI attributes are handled by DBD::File: AutoCommit Always on ChopBlanks Works NUM_OF_FIELDS Valid after "$sth-"execute> NUM_OF_PARAMS Valid after "$sth-"prepare> NAME Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. NULLABLE Not really working, always returns an array ref of one's, as DBD::CSV doesn't verify input data. Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. These attributes and methods are not supported: bind_param_inout CursorName LongReadLen LongTruncOk Additional to the DBI attributes, you can use the following dbh attribute: f_dir This attribute is used for setting the directory where CSV files are opened. Usually you set it in the dbh, it defaults to the current directory ("."). However, it is overwritable in the statement handles. f_ext This attribute is used for setting the file extension where (CSV) files are opened. There are several possibilities. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv In this case, DBD::File will open only "table.csv" if both "table.csv" and "table" exist in the datadir. The table will still be named "table". If your datadir has files with extensions, and you do not pass this attribute, your table is named "table.csv", which is probably not what you wanted. The extension is always case-insensitive. The table names are not. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv/r In this case the extension is required, and all filenames that do not match are ignored. f_schema This will set the schema name. Default is the owner of the folder in which the table file resides. "undef" is allowed. my $dbh = DBI->connect ("dbi:CSV:", "", "", { f_schema => undef, f_dir => "data", f_ext => ".csv/r", }) or die $DBI::errstr; The effect is that when you get table names from DBI, you can force all tables into the same (or no) schema: my @tables $dbh->tables (); # no f_schema "merijn".foo "merijn".bar # f_schema => "dbi" "dbi".foo "dbi".bar # f_schema => undef foo bar Driver private methods data_sources The "data_sources" method returns a list of subdirectories of the current directory in the form "DBI:CSV:f_dir=$dirname". If you want to read the subdirectories of another directory, use my ($drh) = DBI->install_driver ("CSV"); my (@list) = $drh->data_sources (f_dir => "/usr/local/csv_data" ); list_tables This method returns a list of file names inside $dbh->{f_dir}. Example: my ($dbh) = DBI->connect ("DBI:CSV:f_dir=/usr/local/csv_data"); my (@list) = $dbh->func ("list_tables"); Note that the list includes all files contained in the directory, even those that have non-valid table names, from the view of SQL. KNOWN BUGS
o The module is using flock () internally. However, this function is not available on all platforms. Using flock () is disabled on MacOS and Windows 95: There's no locking at all (perhaps not so important on MacOS and Windows 95, as there's a single user anyways). AUTHOR
This module is currently maintained by H.Merijn Brand < h.m.brand at xs4all.nl > and Jens Rehsack < rehsack at googlemail.com > The original author is Jochen Wiedmann. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 by H.Merijn Brand & Jens Rehsack Copyright (C) 2004 by Jeff Zucker Copyright (C) 1998 by Jochen Wiedmann All rights reserved. You may freely distribute and/or modify this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
DBI, Text::CSV, Text::CSV_XS, SQL::Statement perl v5.12.1 2009-06-05 DBD::File(3)