Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to extract data in a file Post 302991698 by RudiC on Wednesday 15th of February 2017 12:58:37 PM
Old 02-15-2017
Without reasonable, representative input and output samples it's difficult to see WHAT you really want done. To me it seems you have count records in the file, and want to print the records' corresponding lines, blockwise. (Which is not what you specify verbally: "... extract only the values MSISDN,NAM,OBO,TS,etc...", except $1 is the only field in a line)
- Are a single record's lines contiguous? Or do records overlap?
- Are the input records in the order that you want them printed?
- Are there more fields in a line or just $1? Should those be printed?
- Are there more lines that you want suppressed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data using UNIX shell script?

Hello All, I am starting with UNIX. Any help is highly appreciated. How to extract data using UNIX shell script? And how do you export data using UNIX shell scripts into Microsoft Excel format? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desiondarun
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell-script which extract data from log file

give me a shell-script which extract data from log file on a server by giving date and time as input (for both start time and end time) and it will give the logs generated during the given time as output. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to extract data from oracle database

shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract data from a log file.

If I have a log like : Mon Jul 19 05:07:34 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from abc to def Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; UDP; eth3; 46 bytes; from aaa to bbb Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from def to ghi I will need an output like this : Time abc to def... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitha87
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression with shell script to extract data out of a text file

hi i am trying to extract some specific data out of a text file using regular expressions with shell script that is using a multiline grep .. and the tool i am using is pcregrep so that i can get compatibility with perl's regular expressions for a sample data like this, i am trying to grab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemkiran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 7 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 7 as below along with their values. Name, Address,... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi everyone, I have a csv file which has data with different heading and column names as below. Static Data Ingested ,,,,,,,,,,,,Known Explained Rejections Column_1,column_2,Column_3,Column_4,,Column_6,Column_7,,% Column_8,,Column_9 ,Column_10 ,... (14 Replies)
14 Replies
sortbib(1)						      General Commands Manual							sortbib(1)

Name
       sortbib - sort bibliographic database

Syntax
       sortbib [-sKEYS] database...

Description
       The  command sorts files of records containing refer key-letters by user-specified keys.  Records may be separated by blank lines, or by .[
       and .] delimiters, but the two styles may not be mixed together.  This program reads through each database and pulls out key fields,  which
       are  sorted  separately.   The sorted key fields contain the file pointer, byte offset, and length of corresponding records.  These records
       are delivered using disk seeks and reads, so may not be used in a pipeline to read standard input.

By default, alphabetizes by the first %A and the %D fields, which contain the senior author and date.  The -s option is used to specify new
       KEYS.  For instance, -sATD will sort by author, title, and date, while -sA+D will sort by all authors, and date.  Sort keys past the fourth
       are not meaningful.  No more than 16 databases may be sorted together at one time.  Records longer than 4096 characters will be truncated.

The command sorts on the last word on the %A line, which is assumed to be the author's last name.  A word in the final  position,  such	as
       ``jr.''	or  ``ed.'',  will be ignored if the name beforehand ends with a comma.  Authors with two-word last names or unusual constructions
       can be sorted correctly by using the convention ``'' in place of a blank.  A %Q field is considered to be the same as %A, except  sorting
       begins  with  the first, not the last, word.  The command sorts on the last word of the %D line, usually the year.  It also ignores leading
       articles (like ``A'' or ``The'') when sorting by titles in the %T or %J fields; it will ignore articles of any  modern  European  language.
       If a sort-significant field is absent from a record, places that record before other records containing that field.

Options
       -sKEYS
	  Specifies new sort KEYS.  For example, ATD sorts by author, title, and date.

See Also
       addbib(1), indxbib(1), lookbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1)

sortbib(1)