Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Detect error and exit
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Detect error and exit Post 302991389 by Scrutinizer on Friday 10th of February 2017 12:27:19 AM
Old 02-10-2017
Hi,
  • Does it not work from the command line?
  • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
  • What shell are you using?
  • What OS and version?
  • Have you tried putting a space between ( and $( ?, so ( $( ?
  • Did you also get the same error message with your input sample?
  • Tried to reproduce, but could not with reproduce error. It resulted in an 2-element array, each element with the value "true"..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit on error - is it possible?

Hi , i have shell scripts that run the mysql directly by echoing and redirecting the output to the mysql logins. whenever the query executes successfully then the script runs fine and nothing has to be done there. Now, when there is an error executing the query then it will generate the error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
8 Replies

3. Linux

tar error exit delayed form pervious error

Hi when use "tar cpvzf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --exclude-/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /" to tape, get the following message "tar: error exit delayed form pervious error", What is the mean ? Please suggest some solution for these errors. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chayato
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit out of a while loop with error

im running a while loop as a file watcher, with incremental counter on the retries..however when the retries reach it's limit i want it exit and echo and error and stop the batch. Im not sure the code i have will do that already... Here is what i have that works: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set a variable and detect error status...

Hi there, I'm driven crazy by a new problem. It seems very complex to me and I see no way to come around. In my script, I receive the path to a tgz file and I want to output the md5 sum of the file inside the tgz. I want a way to detect if tar fails. I'm using the following command tar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aCC exit error

Hi guys I would just like to know if aCC supports the command exit(0); in c++? I am always getting the error below: Error 328: "ac5.C", line 37 # Function 'exit' has not been defined yet; cannot call. exit(0); ^^^^ Anyone had this problem? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Error then Exit

HI I am just using cd Command and i want exit if error. Ex. cd /hp/pp/0720 If above folder in not available then stop the script Folder is change every day Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit a script with error ?

Hi, I have a script ABC which calls another script XYZ. Function of XYZ is to ftp a file from one server to another. code for ABC: #!/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/bin home/user/xyz "$@" exit $? ~ code for xyz: #!/bin/ksh HOSTNAME=$1 SRCNAME=$2 DSTNAME=$3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salil Gupta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP exit and error codes

I have a script which connects to a remote server via FTP and gets some file from there. #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/ftp -n remote.hostname.com <<EOF quote USER user123 quote PASS password123 lcd /dir1/dir2/dir3 cd / mget file_pattern* close bye EOF rc=$? if ] ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
7 Replies
FC-LIST(1)																FC-LIST(1)

NAME
fc-list - list available fonts SYNOPSIS
fc-list [ -vVh ] [ --verbose ] [ [ -f format ] [ --format format ] ] [ [ -q ] [ --quiet ] ] [ --version ] [ --help ] [ pattern [ element... ] ] DESCRIPTION
fc-list lists fonts and styles available on the system for applications using fontconfig. If any elements are specified, only those are printed. Otherwise family and style are printed, unless verbose output is requested. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -v Print verbose output of the whole font pattern for each match, or elements if any is provided. -f Format output according to the format specifier format. -q Suppress all normal output. returns 1 as the error code if no fonts matched. -V Show version of the program and exit. -h Show summary of options. pattern If this argument is set, only fonts matching pattern are displayed. element If set, the element property is displayed for matching fonts. EXAMPLES
fc-list Lists all font faces. fc-list :lang=hi Lists font faces that cover Hindi. fc-list : family style file spacing Lists the filename and spacing value for each font face. ``:'' is an empty pattern that matches all fonts. SEE ALSO
fc-match(1) FcFontList(3) FcPatternFormat(3) fc-cat(1) fc-cache(1) fc-pattern(1) fc-query(1) fc-scan(1) The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com> and Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>. Aug 13, 2008 FC-LIST(1)