Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash FPATH code update
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash FPATH code update Post 302991253 by matthewpersico on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 10:21:01 AM
Old 02-08-2017
Bash FPATH code update

In this post at 302451613-post2.html the link to the code comes up not found. The thread is closed, so I was unable to ask on the thread itself and I do not have enough posts yet to send a private message (or write out a proper html link). Does the author (jim mcanamara) have an updated link?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FPATH and PATH together

If you specify the same directory in your FPATH and PATH variables, and you type in a "command" (e.g. hello), and there exists a file called hello in that common directory, will the shell first attempt to interpret this file as a function, and failing this, then re-attempt to interpret it as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeMented
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Libraries using FPATH

At our site we have a function library that contains several functions that are called via FPATH. We're using ksh and have environment variables in our .profile that link us to these as follows: export CIRC_LIB=/apps/usr/circ/circ_lib export FPATH=$CIRC_LIB My questions are: When are the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Constant update echo in BASH

Hi all, Basically Im trying to put the current time in a script in BASH. Tried the watch command, but its not really what I want. I will have lots of things in this script, current date and time being just a few). Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash executing Orcale Update statement

Hi All, Using Solaris box bash-3.00$ echo $BASH_VERSION 3.00.16(1)-release I have a real bummer of a bug, basically Im running a bash script that executes a bash function "dbase_sql". The bash function accepts a parameter in the form of an Oracle update statement eg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emulate ksh's FPATH variable in bash

Over time i have developed a library of useful (ksh) functions which i use in most of my scripts. I use the ksh's FPATH variable to locate all these functions and use a standard environment-setting-function to always have the same environment in all my scripts. Here is how i begin scripts: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update ksh .profile to launch bash

Hi I don't have chsh option. I want to launch bash instead of ksh ( or launch bash from ksh .profile) how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello, I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script. If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1" I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column) "0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris bash vulnerability update

The patch blog has: https://blogs.oracle.com/patch/entry/solaris_idrs_available_on_mos information on dealing with bash 'shellshock' vulnerability. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to update files to be used by awk

In the below bash there are 6 .txt files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/ref_val/ that are being updated from the 6 .vcf files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/validation/files/*.vcf. The awk in the post updates the files with the information, however the files are not being updated so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)