Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help make pkgadd command Non-Interactive Post 302991086 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of February 2017 02:29:19 PM
Old 02-06-2017
Log in with the username 'root' and root's password. This usually can't be done over ssh, only over a local terminal.

If you have a user with administrative privileges (meaning can change from system to system, membership in the 'wheel' group is sometimes sufficient) you can 'su - root', type in root's password, and login as root. This is an actual login, and does not involve sudo, or require a local terminal.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a cshell (csh) script interactive

Experts, I tried to make my cshell script interactive by asking the user for password and trying to read the input using the "read" command. I have been unsuccessful so far. Do you have any idea ? Thanks Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SU command in non interactive mode

Can i run the SU command in a non interactive mode. What i want to do is to pass the username and the password as commandline or batch parameters. Please let me if its possible and how to pass them. A sample file will be appreciated. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitag
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make interactive shell script a automated one?

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.I have written a very simple shell scipt that asks for the username and password on executing. i.e echo "Enter username :" read usrname; echol "Enter password :"; read passwd; echo usrname; echo passwd; but now I want to make it automatic , such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup has a terrible bad performance compared with interactive command, why?

I have a strange situation. I'm running a shell script containing several data uploads (using Oracle sqlloader utility). This script is being run on a Red Hat server. I tried to run it in background: $ nohup upload.sh & This script uploads some thousands files. After several hours I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viniciov
0 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. AIX

Non interactive command output using script command ?

Hello, Script command helps to save command output to file. (Redicection doesn't work in this case). Besides interactive shell 'recording', Linux script command has "-c" option which allows to record output of some non-interactive command. The problem is that AIX script command variant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make command line interactive?

I have a file with stats for different month, I use the cat and grep combination to search for different month. cat <file> | grep "April" cat <file> | grep "May" cat <file> | grep "June" etc. How do you make this command interactive. So that I can give the values for the search. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: purelltab
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command use for interactive mode of scripting

Hi All, I am writing a script(Auto_Installation.sh) which is calling one another script (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) Now the issue is result of (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) script is ##########################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhruvak
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using an interactive command

Hello experts, I have a to write script for monitoring, the script would use a command and I plan to write the script as follows while true do command -arg sleep 2 clear done The output would be set up on a screen for monitoring. However the issue is that the command used in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-interactive pkgadd not working.

Inorder to make the pkgadd non-interactive i tried couple of things but both failed. 1. sudo pkgadd -n /u/mont/admin -d /u/mont/dbprd.pkg pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/spool/pkg> 2. yes all | sudo pkgadd -a /u/mont/admin -d /u/mont/dbprd.pkg ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
ftpusers(4)							   File Formats 						       ftpusers(4)

NAME
ftpusers - file listing users to be disallowed ftp login privileges SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpusers DESCRIPTION
The ftpusers file lists users for whom ftp login privileges are disallowed. Each ftpuser entry is a single line of the form: name where name is the user's login name. The FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M), reads the ftpusers file. If the login name of the user matches one of the entries listed, it rejects the login attempt. The ftpusers file has the following default configuration entries: root daemon bin sys adm lp uccp nuucp smmsp listen nobody noaccess nobody4 These entries match the default instantiated entries from passwd(4). The list of default entries typically contains the superuser root and other administrative and system application identities. The root entry is included in the ftpusers file as a security measure since the default policy is to disallow remote logins for this iden- tity. This policy is also set in the default value of the CONSOLE entry in the /etc/default/login file. See login(1). If you allow root login privileges by deleting the root entry in ftpusers, you should also modify the security policy in /etc/default/login to reflect the site security policy for remote login access by root. Other default entries are administrative identities that are typically assumed by system applications but never used for local or remote login, for example sys and nobody. Since these entries do not have a valid password field instantiated in shadow(4), no login can be per- formed. If a site adds similar administrative or system application identities in passwd(4) and shadow(4), for example, majordomo, the site should consider including them in the ftpusers file for a consistent security policy. Lines that begin with # are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpusers A file that lists users for whom ftp login privileges are disallowed. /etc/ftpusers See /etc/ftpd/ftpusers. This file is deprecated, although its use is still supported. /etc/default/login /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The interface stability for /etc/ftpd/ftpusers is Volatile. The interface stability for /etc/ftpusers is (Obsolete). SEE ALSO
login(1), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftphosts(4), passwd(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), environ(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2003 ftpusers(4)