Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command inside paramiko python Post 302990602 by Priya Amaresh on Sunday 29th of January 2017 06:00:20 AM
Old 01-29-2017
sed command inside paramiko python

Hi

I am trying to execute a sed command inside paramiko which finds and deletes the particular string from a file

But sed command doesnt work inside paramiko python

Code:
machine=qwe
dssh = paramiko.SSHClient()
dssh.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.AutoAddPolicy())
try:
        dssh.connect( host, username='xxx', password='123', timeout=120)

except Exception as e:

ln="SSH to machine:%s FAILED" % ( machine )
    print_log(ln)
    exit_status()

grpRem = 'sed -i -E "/paste=used//g" /etc/gr.txt > /etc/tempFile'
        stdin, stdout, stderr = dssh.exec_command( grpRem )
        if stdout.channel.recv_exit_status() != 0:
            err="cmd=%s FAILED" % (grpRem)
            print_log(grpRem)
            dssh.close()
            exit_status()
        else:
            print "Copying temp file back to original file"
            #fileMv = 'mv /etc/tempFile /etc/gr.txt'
    else:
        print "paste=used not found.."
else:
    print "the system is inside else loop"

dssh.close()

The file is:
Code:
cat gr.txt | grep paste
        i have a paste=used so that it wont be available for anyone
    I do not have a paste=used

My expected output should be (paste=used should be deleted)
Code:
cat gr.txt
        i have a  so that it wont be available for anyone
    I do not have a

Please help

---------- Post updated at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:26 AM ----------

I tried with get_pty=True even then no luck seen..
Code:
grpRem = 'sed -i -E "/xmon=on//g" /etc/grub2.cfg > /etc/tempFile,get_pty=True'

Please help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use refrence values inside sed command

I am using script S_db=`grep SRC_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2` T_db=`grep TGT_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2` today=`date +%Y%m%d` sed 's/USER_WORK/RAR_WORK_D1/g' < ${my_path}/files/${T_target}_${today}_DDL.txt > ${my_path}/files/temp9 But when I am trying to remove hardcode values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working inside ksh script but works fine outside

Hi, I am a bit confused ,why would a sed command work fine outside of ksh script but not inside. e.g I want to replace all the characters which end with a value and have space at end of it. so my command for it is : sed -i "s/$SEPARATOR /$SEPARATOR/g" file_name This is working fine in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Python] Search a file with paramiko

I need to compare the output files in a directory for sftp, looking through a mask. Return the full file name. Eg. I have a file named locally: test.txt I must check through sftp, if a file with the following name: test_F060514_H173148.TXT My idea is for the filename to a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paramiko Script

Hi Geeks, I have the following python script. #!/usr/bin/python #Script to pull KPI values from MMEs. import paramiko import sys import os host = sys.argv user = sys.argv password = sys.argv ssh = paramiko.SSHClient() (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sed command inside a bash script

I want to run commands inside a bash script. An example is I want to pass the command in a string as regexp as an argument to the script, then run sed on the bash variable sed.sh regexp sed.sh "-i \"s/<p>//g\"" then call sed "$regexp" $fl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
3 Replies

7. Programming

Search or find a element inside list python

I have a list as follows: From this i need to grep the element using keyword as "primary" and return output as 12:13-internet-wifi-primary i used as follows if (i <= (len(system_info))): ss = system_info print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python Paramiko multi threading to capture all output for command applied in loop

My issue : I am getting only last command output data in ouput file. Though comamnd "print(output)" displays data for all 3rd column values but the data saved in file is not what required it hs to be the same which is being printed by command"print(output)". Could you please help me to fix this,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-install - GNU shtool install(1) command SYNOPSIS
shtool install [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-d|--mkdir] [-c|--copy] [-C|--compare-copy] [-s|--strip] [-m|--mode mode] [-o|--owner owner] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exec sed-cmd] file [file ...] path DESCRIPTION
This command installs a one or more files to a given target path providing all important options of the BSD install(1) command. The trick is that the functionality is provided in a portable way. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -d, --mkdir To maximize BSD compatiblity, the BSD "shtool "install -d"" usage is internally mapped to the "shtool "mkdir -f -p -m 755"" command. -c, --copy Copy the file to the target path. Default is to move. -C, --compare-copy Same as -c except if the destination file already exists and is identical to the source file, no installation is done and the target remains untouched. -s, --strip This option strips program executables during the installation, see strip(1). Default is to install verbatim. -m, --mode mode The file mode applied to the target, see chmod(1). Setting mode to ""-"" skips this step and leaves the operating system default which is usually based on umask(1). Some file modes require superuser privileges to be set. Default is 0755. -o, --owner owner The file owner name or id applied to the target, see chown(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing uid or the parent setuid directory. -g, --group group The file group name or id applied to the target, see chgrp(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute to the fullest extend, otherwise the choice of group is limited on most operating systems. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing gid or the parent setgid directory. -e, --exec sed-cmd This option can be used one or multiple times to apply one or more sed(1) commands to the file contents during installation. EXAMPLE
# Makefile install: : shtool install -c -s -m 4755 foo $(bindir)/ shtool install -c -m 644 foo.man $(mandir)/man1/foo.1 shtool install -c -m 644 -e "s/@p@/$prefix/g" foo.conf $(etcdir)/ HISTORY
The GNU shtool install command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1997 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by portability issues in the installation procedures of OSSP libraries. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), umask(1), chmod(1), chown(1), chgrp(1), strip(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)