Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sybase Stored Proc call from UNIX script. Post 302990246 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 04:22:55 AM
Old 01-24-2017
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please review the rules (which you agreed to when you joined the UNIX & Linux forums). In the four posts you have made, one hijacked a thread discussing a different topic and was deleted, two were posted in non-technical forums with the same text as your 1st post in this thread (and have been closed), and this one says it is an Urgent request but is not filed in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support forum and was missing CODE tags.

Your shell script uses several variables (Servername, Database name [which contains two spaces that are not allowed in variable names], test [which contains a space that is not allowed in variable names], Outfile [which contains a space that is not allowed in variable names], username, and password) which are not assigned values before they are used (unless you have exported them into your environment before invoking your shell script. Three of those will lead to shell syntax errors and the others will expand to empty strings (again, unless the corresponding variables have been exported into your current shell execution environment).

There may well be other problems as well, but these are enough to mask any other problems that might occur in your SQL statements once you get past the shell syntax errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix call to Oracle PL/SQL pkg/store.proc

HI, I'm trying to get this right, please can you help. In my unix korn shell script, I call an oracle stored proc within a package and I specify 3 parameters, 2 of which are IN OUT parameters (i.e. I expect the stored proc to change them and return them back to me). Does the unix code... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing Stored Proc from unix prompt.

Hi All, I want to run/execute a stored procedure (sybase) from unix command prompt not by login in isql utility which is provided my Sybase guys. Is there way ..? Thanks in advance for your help !!! Regards, Arvind S. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call stored procedure from unix script

Hi Guys, I have a stored procedure which has 5 out parameters. I need to call the stored procedure from the script. When i use the following in my script, db2 "CALL FCFM.PART_MASTER_TMP($Return_code,$Message,$Message1,$SQL,$Load_count)" >> $LOG_FILE I am getting an error.. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Shell Script from Within a Sybase Stored Proc

Greetings, I need to make an open server call to a shell script from inside a Sybase Stored procedure. Coul any one please provide a sample code? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when calling sybase stored proc from shell script

Hi, I am writing a script that needs to call a stored proc which would update a column in a table based on a condition. I need to also capture the number of rows updated. However, When I execute the script I keep getting this error: ./test_isql.sh: syntax error at line 33: `end of file'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and redirect output of Oracle stored procedure from unix script

Hi, Can you assist me in how to redirect the output of oracle stored procedure from unix script? Something similar to what i did for sybase isql -U$MYDBLOG -D$MYDBNAME -S$MYDBSVR -P$MYDBPWD -o$MYFILE<< %% proc_my_test 8 go %% Thanks in advance - jak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Calling Sybase Stored proc from UNIX Shellscript.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and Sybase database i need a help that i try to execute a SYBASE stored procedure from a Unix shell script and wanna write the output of the SP into a Text File, somehow i tried to find a solution but when i try to run the script i am not getting the output file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun619
1 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Calling a Sybase Stored procedure from a UNIX Script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and Sybase database i need a help that i try to execute a SYBASE stored procedure from a Unix shell script and wanna write the output of the SP into a Text File.somehow i try to find a solution but whwn i try to run the script i am not getting the output file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun619
1 Replies
readonly(1)							   User Commands						       readonly(1)

NAME
readonly - shell built-in function to protect the value of the given variable from reassignment SYNOPSIS
sh readonly [name]... ksh **readonly [name [= value]]... **readonly -p ksh93 ++readonly [-p] [name [= value]]... DESCRIPTION
sh The given names are marked readonly and the values of the these names may not be changed by subsequent assignment. If no arguments are given, a list of all readonly names is printed. ksh The given names are marked readonly and these names cannot be changed by subsequent assignment. When -p is specified, readonly writes to the standard output the names and values of all read-only variables, in the following format: "readonly %s=%s ", name, value if name is set, and: "readonly $s ", name if name is unset. The shell formats the output, including the proper use of quoting, so that it is suitable for reinput to the shell as commands that achieve the same value and readonly attribute-setting results in a shell execution environment in which: 1. Variables with values set at the time they were output do not have the readonly attribute set. 2. Variables that were unset at the time they were output do not have a value at the time at which the saved output is re-input to the shell. On this manual page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two ** (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ksh93 readonly sets the readonly attribute on each of the variables specified by name which prevents their values from being changed. If =value is specified, the variable name is set to value before the variable is made readonly. If no names are specified then the names and values of all readonly variables are written to standard output. readonly is built-in to the shell as a declaration command so that field splitting and pathname expansion are not performed on the argu- ments. Tilde expansion occurs on value. -p Causes the output to be in a form of readonly commands that can be used as input to the shell to recreate the current set of readonly variables. On this manual page, ksh93(1) commands that are preceded by one or two + symbols are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. They are not valid function names. 5. Words, following a command preceded by ++ that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and field splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. EXIT STATUS
ksh93 The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), sh(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 readonly(1)