Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify script to remove dupes with two delimiters Post 302990232 by gimley on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 02:48:53 AM
Old 01-24-2017
I had tried this but had forgotten to save the file as a Unix file. The moment I saved it in Unix format, the duplicates were eliminated.
Many thanks for your patience and help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find the number of tab delimiters in a line

Hi, I need to find the number of tab delimiters in the first line of a file.So using word=`head -1 files.txt` I have extracted the first line of file into a variable word.It has 20 tab delimted columns.So can anyone help me in finding the number of delimiters? I am using csh and I am a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poornimajayan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in SED and AWK so that it treats consecutive delimiters as one

Hi All, I am trying to cut to do a cut operation, but since there are seems to be more than one deltimiters in some occasion I am not able to get the exact field. Can you please provide an SED and AWK script for treating the source file in such a way that all consecutive delimiters are treated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh.su30
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using an awk script to identify dupes in two files

Hello, I have two files. File1 or the master file contains two columns separated by a delimiter: a=b b=d e=f g=h File 2 which is the file to be processed has only a single column a h c b What I need is an awk script to identify unique names from file 2 which are not found in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove two delimiters, space and double quotes

I would like to know how to replace a space delimiter with a ^_ (\037) delimiter and a double quote delimiter while maintaining the spaces inside the double quotes. The double quote delimiter is only used on text fields. I'd prefer a one-liner, but could handle a function or script that accepts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveDWin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for identifying and deleting dupes in a line

I am compiling a synonym dictionary which has the following structure Headword=Synonym1,Synonym2 and so on, with each synonym separated by a comma. As is usual in such cases manual preparation of synonyms results in repeating the synonym which results in dupes as in the example below:... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove newline character between two delimiters

hi i am having delimited .dat file having content like below. test.dat(5 line of records) ====== PT2~Stag~Pt2 Stag Test. Updated~PT2 S T~Area~~UNCEF R20~~2012-05-24 ~2014-05-24~~ PT2~Stag y~Pt2 Stag Test. Updated~PT2 S T~Area~METR~~~2012-05-24~2014-05-24~~test PT2~Pt2 Stag Test~~PT2 S... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushine11
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script for identifying dupes in column1

Dear all, I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure source word=target word e.g. book=livre Since the database is very large in spite of all the care taken, it so happens that at times the source word is repeated e.g. book=livre book=tome Since I want to... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dupes in a large file

I have a large file 1.5 gb and want to sort the file. I used the following AWK script to do the job !x++ The script works but it is very slow and takes over an hour to do the job. I suspect this is because the file is not sorted. Any solution to speed up the AWk script or a Perl script would... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)