Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Inaccurate scanning of Bash array elements Post 302989954 by RudiC on Friday 20th of January 2017 04:26:18 AM
Old 01-20-2017
Well, talking of complexity: your entire script looks somewhat overcomplicated to me. Although I like subroutines and functions for repeating tasks, jumping to and fro between them just for the sake of it might overdo it. Consider the following - it should do exactly what you need (if I read the script correctly):
Code:
set -- $(shuf -e {2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,T,J,Q,K,A}{H,S,D,C})
PH=$(echo ${@:1:8} | tee /home/cogiz/playerhand.txt); shift 8 
DU=$(echo ${@:1:8} | tee /home/cogiz/computerhand.txt); shift 8
XX=$(echo ${@:1:1} | tee /home/cogiz/activecard.txt); shift 1
for e in $PH
   do    if [[ $e =~ ${XX%?}|${XX#?}|8 ]]
           then  printf "$e "
           else  printf "0 "
         fi
   done
0 0 0 KS 8S 0 0 0
echo
echo $PH, $DU, $XX
5H QC QH KS 8S 9C 9D 3H, 6H 7S 7H 4H QS JH AD JS, AS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Percent complete error while scanning RAID array during 5.0.6 load

Percent complete SCO 5.0.6 / No longer an issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrys
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i read array elements dynamically in bash?

Hi friends how can we read array elements dynamically in bash shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I print array elements as different columns in bash?

Hi Guys, I have an array which has numbers including blanks as follows: 1 26 66 4.77 -0.58 88 99 11 12 333 I want to print a group of three elements as a different column in a file as follows:(including blanks where there is missing elements) for.e.g. array element #7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing elements from an array

Hi I have two arrays : @arcb= (450,625,720,645); @arca=(625,645); I need to remove the elements of @arca from elements of @arcb so that the content of @arcb will be (450,720). Can anyone sugget me how to perform this operation? The code I have used is this : my @arcb=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping array elements - possible?

I have a script which takes backup of some configuration files on my server. It does that by using an array which contains the complete path to the files to backup. It copys the files to a pre defined dir. Each "program" has it's own folder, ex. apache.conf is being copied to /predefined... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Scanning array for partial elements in Bash Script

Example of problem: computerhand=(6H 2C JC QS 9D 3H 8H 4D) topcard=6D How do you search ${computerhand} for all elements containing either a "6" or a "D" then save the output to a file? This is a part of a Terminal game of Crazy 8's that I'm attempting to write in Bash. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Random choice of elements in bash array

example of problem: #!/bin/bash P=(2 4 7) How would you randomly choose one of these 3 numbers in this array? either 2 or 4 or 7 is needed...but only one of them. Thanks in advance Cogiz Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array to array scanning

trying a little bit of array scanning for open ports. my code looks like below: /bin/netstat -lntp|\ awk 'BEGIN { split("25 80 2020 6033 6010",q); } $1 == "tcp" { split($4,a,":"); p]++; } $1 == "tcp6" { split($4,a,":");p]++ } END { for ( i in q ) { if (! q in p ) {... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get unique elements from Array

I have an array code and output is below: echo $1 while read -r fline; do echo "%%%%%%$fline%%%%%" fmy_array+=("$fline") done <<< "$1" Output: CR30903 YU0007 SRIL CR30903 Yogesh SRIL %%%%%%CR30903 YU0007 SRIL%%%%% %%%%%%CR30903 Yogesh SRIL%%%%% ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
ECHO(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   ECHO(1)

NAME
echo -- write arguments to the standard output SYNOPSIS
echo [-n] [string ...] DESCRIPTION
The echo utility writes any specified operands, separated by single blank (' ') characters and followed by a newline (' ') character, to the standard output. The following option is available: -n Do not print the trailing newline character. This may also be achieved by appending 'c' to the end of the string, as is done by iBCS2 compatible systems. Note that this option as well as the effect of 'c' are implementation-defined in IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') as amended by Cor. 1-2002. Applications aiming for maximum portability are strongly encouraged to use printf(1) to sup- press the newline character. Some shells may provide a builtin echo command which is similar or identical to this utility. Most notably, the builtin echo in sh(1) does not accept the -n option. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The echo utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), printf(1), sh(1) STANDARDS
The echo utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') as amended by Cor. 1-2002. BSD
April 12, 2003 BSD