Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help fixing awk code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help fixing awk code Post 302989816 by SkySmart on Wednesday 18th of January 2017 02:36:53 PM
Old 01-18-2017
I added the text from typeA B and C to one datafile.

but when i run the code from post one on the combined datafile, i get the following:

Code:
 ./check
Usage: awk [POSIX or GNU style options] -f progfile [--] file ...
Usage: awk [POSIX or GNU style options] [--] 'program' file ...
POSIX options:          GNU long options: (standard)
        -f progfile             --file=progfile
        -F fs                   --field-separator=fs
        -v var=val              --assign=var=val
Short options:          GNU long options: (extensions)
        -b                      --characters-as-bytes
        -c                      --traditional
        -C                      --copyright
        -d[file]                --dump-variables[=file]
        -D[file]                --debug[=file]
        -e 'program-text'       --source='program-text'
        -E file                 --exec=file
        -g                      --gen-pot
        -h                      --help
        -i includefile          --include=includefile
        -l library              --load=library
        -L [fatal]              --lint[=fatal]
        -n                      --non-decimal-data
        -M                      --bignum
        -N                      --use-lc-numeric
        -o[file]                --pretty-print[=file]
        -O                      --optimize
        -p[file]                --profile[=file]
        -P                      --posix
        -r                      --re-interval
        -S                      --sandbox
        -t                      --lint-old
        -V                      --version

To report bugs, see node `Bugs' in `gawk.info', which is
section `Reporting Problems and Bugs' in the printed version.

gawk is a pattern scanning and processing language.
By default it reads standard input and writes standard output.

Examples:
        gawk '{ sum += $1 }; END { print sum }' file
        gawk -F: '{ print $1 }' /etc/passwd
./check: 19: ./check: NF-D[NF]: not found
./check: 21: ./check: NF-D[NF]+1: not found
./check: 14: ./check: BEGIN{           {D[10] = D[13] = 1
                 D[11] = D[14] = 2
                }

./check ~ , VF , {L = 1                                  # start output only if VALFOUND is matched
                }

!L              {next                                   # skip line if NOT VALFOUND
                }

{A = strftime(%a: not found

i have tried playing with this many different ways. i suspect the issue may be related to the quotes but ive tried escaping them, adding them, removing them but the issue remains unresolved.

sorry if im making this complicated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

fixing with sed

I am trying to replace the value of $f3 but its not working . I don't know what I am missing here . cat dim_copy.20080516.sql | grep -i "create view" | grep -v OPSDM002 | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do echo " $f3 " sed -e... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help fixing awk code to print values from 2 files

Hi everyone, Please help on this: I have file1: <file title="Title 1 and 2"> <report> <title>Title 1</title> <number>No. 1234</number> <address>Address 1</address> <date>October 07, 2009</date> <description>Some text</description> </report> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixing the width of a word

Is there a way to fix the width of the word being printed to a file? I am trying to create an output to a file with columns , like a spread sheet. I have used "\t" to adjust the columns but still it does not show well in the file, mainly due to the variable length values in the column so \t does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidtd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help fixing awk statement

awk "BEGIN {if($MessageREAD<$ThresholdW) {print \"OK\" ; exit 0} else if(($MessageREAD>=$ThresholdW) && ($MessageREAD<$ThresholdC)) {print \"WARNING\" ; exit 1}" else if($MessageREAD<=$ThresholdC) {print \"CRITICAL\" ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Problem - Fixing needed

os: sunos/linux shell: bash awk -v PCT="$PERCENTAGE" -v UWARN="$UWARNING" -v UCRIT="$UCRITICAL" 'BEGIN { PCT=PCT+0; UWARN=UWARN+0; UCRIT=UCRIT+0 ; if(PCT<UWARN) { printf \" '${FILESYS}':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help fixing my database script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need help I get a variant of syntax errors when compiling my script to maintain a database. It's a simple database meant to create/view/maintain vehicles. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: my if statements have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamernerd101
5 Replies

7. AIX

Fixing security problem

Hi I use Rapid 7 to check some servers ( AIX 5.3 ) for security problems. There are 2 problems I don't know to deal with 1. Problem : TCP Sequence Number Approximation Vulnerability Solution : _Enable TCP MD5 Signature 2. Problem : HTTP Basic Authentication Enable Solution : _ Use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixing a shell script

I have this shell script that I wrote to check an input file to see if it is empty or not, and then clean the file from any line that starts with the sign "<" (without quotation marks" and then spell the number of line of the file, and the empty lines, too. The script then will create two output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with fixing screen position

Hey guys, I am trying to make print a pattern with * on a 10*10 two dimensional array in a for loop and I want the incoming 10*10 to overlap the previous 10*10 so that the * look like it is moving. is there a way to fix the screen position? ever time it prints a 10*10 the screen moves. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
3 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)