Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to start msg chat in cmd? Post 302989702 by Corona688 on Tuesday 17th of January 2017 10:18:42 AM
Old 01-17-2017
Depending on which thing you mean, messenger chat may be an archaic thing which doesn't actually work in modern Linux/UNIX.

So, be more specific.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cmd to start guest in VMware server 2.0

Is there any command in VMware Server 2.0 to poweron/start the guests like we have vmware-cmd ESX server 3.5 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

4. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)													     TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-check-events - parse the event formats on local system SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd check-events [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) check-events parses format strings for all the events on the local system. It returns whether all the format strings can be parsed correctly. It will load plugins unless specified otherwise. This is useful to check for any trace event format strings which may contain some internal kernel function references which cannot be decoded outside of the kernel. This may mean that either the unparsed format strings of the trace events need to be changed or that a plugin needs to be created to parse them. OPTIONS
-N - Don't load plugins SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1), trace-cmd-start(1) AUTHOR
Written by Vaibhav Nagarnaik, <vnagarnaik@google.com[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. vnagarnaik@google.com mailto:vnagarnaik@google.com 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-CHECK_EV(1)