Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU performance
Operating Systems AIX CPU performance Post 302989661 by bakunin on Tuesday 17th of January 2017 03:38:03 AM
Old 01-17-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerAIX
T
I have already raise request to increase the SGA to 80Gb as memory is of 200Gb.
OK, but prepare to either shrink the LPARs memory or increase the SGA further to about 90% of the available RAM.

The most imminent thing to do, though, is to set the "FILESYSTEMIO_OPTIONS=SETALL" option or to mount the filesystems accordingly. I suggest doing it in the DB configuration: without this you will always have the OS trying to (double-) buffer the DB I/O, which will always be detrimental to performance.

Mounting an FS in CIO-mode (concurrent-I/O) will make all the I/O on that FS be via concurrent I/O, which is a good idea for DB files opened by the DB but a bad idea otherwise. You would need to create separate FSes (not to be mounted with the CIO-option) for i.e. dumps, exports, etc.. Setting the option in the Oracle-config will make the database open the individual files with the CIO-option but the FS itself is not changed. Thiw will have the same effect as above but without the need to create separated FSes.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

In Solaris Zones Dedicated-Cpu Performance?

Hi All, While creating zone we will mention min and max cpu cores, like add dedicated-cpu set ncpus=NUM_CPUS_MIN-NUM_CPUS_MAX end Ques1: Suppose thing that non global zone uses only minimum cores at particular time What the other cores will do, Will it shared to global zone? Ques:2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

6. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

Performance - CPU spiking

We have a DB server which is constantly utilised above 95% above. This is becoming nuisance when the monitoring team frequently calls to check on it. Frankly I do not know what to tweak or even interpret the outputs. I noticed constant 30 to 60% in wio column of the cpu utilisation. There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar63
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX CPU performance script ?

I want to write a shell script which will print AIX CPU utilization memory utilization every 5 mins redirect to file. How do i do it? Please advise. Which commands I should use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies
FREE(1) 							Linux User's Manual							   FREE(1)

NAME
free - Display amount of free and used memory in the system SYNOPSIS
free [-b|-k|-m|-g] [-c count] [-l] [-o] [-t] [-s delay] [-V] DESCRIPTION
free displays the total amount of free and used physical and swap memory in the system, as well as the buffers used by the kernel. The shared memory column should be ignored; it is obsolete. OPTIONS -b Display the amount of memory in bytes. -c count Display the result count times. Requires the -s option. -g Display the amount of memory in gigabytes. -k Display the amount of memory in kilobytes. This is the default. -l Show detailed low and high memory statistics. -m Display the amount of memory in megabytes. -o Display the output in old format, the only difference being this option will disable the display of the "buffer adjusted" line. -s Continuously display the result delay seconds apart. You may actually specify any floating point number for delay, usleep(3) is used for microsecond resolution delay times. -t Display a line showing the column totals. -V Display version information. FILES
/proc/meminfo memory information AUTHORS
Written by Brian Edmonds. Send bug reports to <albert@users.sf.net> SEE ALSO
ps(1), slabtop(1), top(1), vmstat(8). Cohesive Systems 5 Oct 2009 FREE(1)