Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identifying cron jobs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifying cron jobs Post 302989202 by vgersh99 on Monday 9th of January 2017 07:04:52 PM
Old 01-09-2017
I usually do this in ksh:
Code:
if [ -t 0 ] ; then
   inputTERM=1
fi;

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Jobs

Hi, I am a total newbie to all things Unix. I've worked out I need to set up something that will allow me to automatically backup a DB for me, the DB is for a foum system I run. Now, I've only found out I need to use telnet for this, and worked out hwo to log into telnet today. From here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs

I need to monitor my cron jobs with another unix machine since occasionally the cron will go down on the main server but there are no errors. Can anyone help with a script to write to use the cron on the back up machine to monitor the main server? I am using SCO and the cron jobs have been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarral
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Jobs

I'm trying to run cron jobs to start any inhibited processes after a system reboot. I can schedule th cron, but i'm confused as to how to incorporated the reboot, since reboot is scheduled at different times, once every month. How can I write this to start every 15 min after after a reboot ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

4. Linux

cron jobs

I created a php script. I'd like to have it run as a cron job every day at 10:30am. So i added 30 10 * * * /script.php to the cron file Is it possible to run the script on the command line to test it out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

Hi, We have a group of hosts using which the cron jobs are submitted... Few days ago i had submitted a cron job in of these hosts, but unfortunately forgot the host name :( Can anyone please help me out in finding this host name from which the cron s submitting the job, i dont want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavanisree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cron jobs

Hi Frenz, How do we get a cron job running in background to foreground ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkalase
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron jobs

I'm running cronjobs on a redhat 5.X. Cronjobs are getting failed frequently so how to find the root cause (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Identifying child jobs in autosys recursively.

I have been working on to neatly present the job dependency lineage in autosys through ksh/perl and I am having trouble in recursively finding the dependency. it will be great if anyone could share their thoughts on this.? I know that job_depends in autosys will help me give first level of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vhunt
0 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)