Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU performance
Operating Systems AIX CPU performance Post 302988762 by powerAIX on Monday 2nd of January 2017 04:15:30 AM
Old 01-02-2017
in iostat avg queue coloumn max time is 0.5 that is also not continuous.
Also in netstat there are no crc errors please tell me what exactly i can check in that. When checked with
< ps aux | head -1; ps aux | sort -rnk 6 | more> all are oracle processees and nothing else is running on the system. that is why am asking for help.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-02-2017 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

In Solaris Zones Dedicated-Cpu Performance?

Hi All, While creating zone we will mention min and max cpu cores, like add dedicated-cpu set ncpus=NUM_CPUS_MIN-NUM_CPUS_MAX end Ques1: Suppose thing that non global zone uses only minimum cores at particular time What the other cores will do, Will it shared to global zone? Ques:2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

6. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

Performance - CPU spiking

We have a DB server which is constantly utilised above 95% above. This is becoming nuisance when the monitoring team frequently calls to check on it. Frankly I do not know what to tweak or even interpret the outputs. I noticed constant 30 to 60% in wio column of the cpu utilisation. There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar63
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX CPU performance script ?

I want to write a shell script which will print AIX CPU utilization memory utilization every 5 mins redirect to file. How do i do it? Please advise. Which commands I should use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies
staux(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  staux(3)

Name
       st_auxbtadd,  st_auxbtsize, st_auxisymadd, st_auxrndxadd, st_auxrndxadd, st_addtq, st_tqhigh_aux, st_shifttq, st_iaux_copyty, st_changeaux,
       st_changeauxrndx  - routines that provide scalar interfaces to auxiliaries

Syntax
       #include <syms.h>

long st_auxbtadd(bt)
       long bt;

long st_auxbtsize(iaux,width)
       long iaux;
       long width;

long st_auxisymadd (isym)
       long isym;

long st_auxrndxadd (rfd,index)
       long rfd;
       long index;

long st_auxrndxadd (idn)
       long idn;

void st_addtq (iaux,tq)
       long iaux;
       long tq;

long st_tqhigh_aux(iaux)
       long iaux;

void st_shifttq (iaux, tq)
       int iaux;
       int tq;

long st_iaux_copyty (ifd, psym)
       long ifd;
       pSYMR psym;

void st_changeaux (iaux, aux)
       long iaux;
       AUXU aux;

void st_changeauxrndx (iaux, rfd, index)
       long iaux;
       long rfd;
       long index;

Description
       Auxiliary entries are unions with a fixed length of four bytes per entry.  Much information is packed within the auxiliaries.  Rather  than
       have the compiler front-ends handle each type of auxiliary entry directly, the following set of routines provide a high-level scalar inter-
       face to the auxiliaries:

st_auxbtadd	   Adds a type information record (TIR) to the auxiliaries.  It sets the basic type (bt) to the  argument  and	all  other
			   fields to zero. The index to this auxiliary entry is returned.

st_auxbtsize	   Sets the bit in the TIR, pointed to by the iaux argument.  This argument says the basic type is a bit field and adds an
			   auxiliary with its width in bits.

st_auxisymadd	   Adds an index into the symbol table (or any other scalar) to the auxiliaries.  It sets the value to the  argument  that
			   will occupy all four bytes. The index to this auxiliary entry is returned.

st_auxrndxadd	   Adds  a relative index, RNDXR, to the auxiliaries.  It sets the rfd and index to their respective arguments.  The index
			   to this auxiliary entry is returned.

st_auxrndxadd_idn   Works the same as st_auxrndxadd except that RNDXR is referenced by an index into the dense number table.

st_iaux_copyty	   Copies the type from the specified file (ifd) for the specified symbol into the auxiliary table for the  current  file.
			   It returns the index to the new aux.

st_shifttq	   Shifts  in the specified type qualifier, tq (see sym.h), into the auxiliary entry TIR, which is specified by the `iaux'
			   index into the current file. The current type qualifiers shift up one tq so that the first tq (tq0) is free for the new
			   entry.

st_addtq 	   Adds a type qualifier in the highest or most significant non-tqNil type qualifier.

st_tqhigh_iaux	   Returns the most significant type qualifier given an index into the files aux table.

st_changeaux	   Changes the iauxth aux in the current file's auxiliary table to aux.

st_changeauxrndx    Converts the relative index (RNDXR) auxiliary, which is specified by iaux, to the specified arguments.

See Also
       stfd(3)

RISC								  staux(3)