Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem with playback of recorded videos Post 302988459 by jim mcnamara on Monday 26th of December 2016 06:00:07 PM
Old 12-26-2016
I do not know for sure. My first guess is hardware <-> driver issues

Code:
Graphics: Card: Intel 4th Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller

This graphics hardware is very far toward the low cost end of the spectrum, typically the stuff I've seen has been created on a better hardware foundation. Frequently with Linux, if the hardware is new or for low end systems, the driver tends to be buggy.

See here about intel graphics on linux mint - read the first response:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=225336

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Video Playback

Hi, I'm trying to make a video playback engine, i'm new to unix and i'm not really sure what i should do. I might have to create my own engine that will play back mpg's swf's, avi's, ect... whatever I need to play back. I'm not sure where i need to go with this. I've never programmed video with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liQuidGas
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Events done on the serial console does not get recorded via the auditd

the events done on the serial console does not get logged. I am using BSM audit. I have enabled all audit flags. Is there anything that im missing? Please help!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Play STRG - E-Viewer Recorded Stream file

I have got a .strg file, which I cannot open. I tried NMS Player from Novus, but It can't handle STRG files. How can I play these recordings? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kovacsdev
1 Replies
ICHWD(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  ICHWD(4)

NAME
ichwd -- device driver for the Intel ICH watchdog interrupt timer SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ichwd Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ichwd_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ichwd driver provides watchdog(4) support for the watchdog interrupt timer present on all Intel ICH motherboard chipsets. The ICH WDT counts down in ticks of approximately 0.6 seconds; the exact value depends on hardware quality and environmental factors. Sup- ported watchdog intervals range from 2 to 63 ticks. Note that on some ICH-based systems, the WDT may be present but disabled, either in hardware or by the BIOS. The ichwd driver attempts to detect this condition and will refuse to attach if it believes the WDT is disabled. SEE ALSO
watchdog(4), watchdog(8), watchdogd(8), watchdog(9) Using the Intel ICH Family Watchdog Timer (WDT), Intel Application Note AP-725, Document Number 292273-001. HISTORY
The ichwd driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The ichwd driver was written by Wm. Daryl Hawkins <dhawkins@tamu.edu> of Texas A&M University and Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 20, 2008 BSD