Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove lines matching a substring in a specific column Post 302987771 by Corona688 on Thursday 15th of December 2016 12:09:45 PM
Old 12-15-2016
Use code tags for code please.

Code:
awk '($1 == "Brit") && !($8 ~ /[.]/) { next } 1' inputfile > outputfile

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove matching lines with list of strings

Hi, HP-UX gxxxxxxxc B.11.23 U ia64 3717505098 unlimited-user license I have a file with below pipe separated field values: xxx|xxx|abcd|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|abcd#123|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|abcd#345|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|pqrs|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|pqrs#123|xxx|xxx|xx The third field has values like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a string from a specific column in a file

Hello, A basic query. How can I remove a string from a specific column. For example, remove "abcd" just from column 2 in example file: abcd abcd1 abcd abcd2 abcd abcd3 to get output: abcd 1 abcd 2 abcd 3 Thank you!:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a specific line matching pattern1 and pattern2 ?

Hi, I have a file like below: . . . . Jack is going home Jack is going to school Jack is sleeping Jack is eating dinner John is going home John is eating breakfast . . . The specific line is: Jack is going home (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salih81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove delimiter from specific column?

I have 5 column in sample txt file where in i have to create report based upon 1,3 and 5 th column.. I have : in first and third coulmn. But I want to retain the colon of fifth coulmn and remove the colon of first column.. 5th column contains String message (for example,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove special character from a specific column

Hello , i have a text file like this : A123 c12AB c32DD aaaa B123 23DS 12QW bbbb C123 2GR 3RG cccccc i want to remove the numbers from second and third column only. i tried this : perl -pe 's///g' file.txt > newfile.txt but it will remove the number from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Lines based on matching first column

I have a file1 that looks like this: File 1 a b b c c e d e and a file 2 that looks like this: File 2 b c e e Note that file 2 is the right hand column from file1. I want to remove any lines from file1 that begin with the column in file2. In this case the desired output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kschiltz55
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with matching column 1 value, retain only the one with highest value in column 2

I have a file like: I would like to find lines lines with duplicate values in column 1, and retain only one based on two conditions: 1) keep line with highest value in column 3, 2) if column 3 values are equal, retain the line with the highest value in column 4. Desired output: I was able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Specific Column in a File using awk

Hi, I would like to ask your expertise to remove specific column no. 8 in the below file using but I don't have an idea on how to simply do this using awk command. Appreciate your help in advance. Input f: ABC 1 1XC CDA 1 2YC CCC 1 3XC AVD 1 3XA Expected output file: ABC 1 1C CDA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with Pattren Matching

Hi , I need to remove the lines that matches the pattern TABLEEXCLUDE *.AQ$_*_F ; * is wildcard, it can be any word. For example, I have following file: TABLEEXCLUDE THOT.AQ$_PT_ADDR_CLEANUP_QTAB2_F ; TABLEEXCLUDE THOT.AQ$_MICRO_SERVICE_QT_F ; TEST TABLEEXCLUDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
1 Replies
modelicac(1)						      General Commands Manual						      modelicac(1)

NAME
modelicac - modelicac is a compiler for a subset of the Modelica language including parts of the 'equation' subset that can express rela- tions between Real variable. SYNOPSIS
modelicac [-c] [-o <outputfile>] <inputfile> [ -L directory | -hpath directory | -keep-all-variables | -jac | -no-parameter-removal | -no- simplifs | -trace filename | -xml ] This manual page documents briefly the modelicac commands. Note that modelicac is only available on the platform which are supported by ocamlopt (ie amd64 hurd-i386 i386 powerpc sparc) OPTIONS
A complete list of options is included below. -c Compile only, do not instantiate. Modelicac produces a "*.moc" file when invoked with that option. -o outputfile Set output file name to <outputfile> (this option also works with -c option but is somewhat useless because of the class name restrictions given above). -L directory Add <directory> to the list of directories to be searched when producing a C file (no effect when used with -c). -hpath directory Specify a path to be added to #include directives in the generated C code. -keep-all-variables Do not remove any variable from the initial system. -jac Generate analytic jacobian matrix code. -no-parameter-removal Do not remove any parameter -no-simplifs Same as -keep-all-variables -no-parameter-removal -trace filename Generate tracing information for external function calls into <filename> -xml Generate an XML version of the model instead of target code AUTHOR
Modelicac was written by TNI-Valiosys and Imagineby. This manual page was written by Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>. November 18, 2008 modelicac(1)