Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly Post 302987523 by RudiC on Monday 12th of December 2016 04:06:19 AM
Old 12-12-2016
Any attempts/ideas/thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

vsft doesn't work correctly

I install vsftpd server on 2 SUSE 10.2 servers. The first works perfectly, but the second doesn't work how I expect. The second works only over local network and doesn't over internet. The vsftpd.conf and ../xinetd.d/vsftpd are the same in 2 servers. The only different was when I threw to log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhivko.neychev
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to close telent session when login incorrect

i need a command to close telnet session wen login incorrect..i want to embed it into my perl script for telnet to check for login incorrect error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to close telnet session from script

Hello people, I am creating a script that will alert me in an ftp or telnet account on my system expires. FTP part is ok, but when I am entering the 3 script, it stucks. I can see that the script will not close the telnet seession. Can you please check and let me know what I am doing wrong? What if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Libvirt does not work correctly anymore on my gentoo

Hi, Since a year my libvirtd does not work anymore on my Gentoodesktop. In the meantime a used virtualbox. But I would like to have back libvirt. The problem was after libvirt should not only work with root privileges. I deinstalled all things with libvirt an kvm. I removed all things from /var... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
4 Replies

7. SCO

Set NIC correctly , but the network does not work

I'm trying to virtualize an instance of SCO Open Server 5.0.2c in VirtualBox (called VM- A) , I can not configure the network (NIC). The NIC I'm using is PCnet -FAST III (Am79C973 ) (this NIC works with VirtualBox + SCO 5.0.5M) When I add from ' Add new LAN adapter' I detects the NIC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
2 Replies

8. Gentoo

LDAP-Auth does not work correctly with systemd

Hi, since the upgrade to Gnome 3.6 (now i have 3.8) the authentication over LDAP stops working. The whole machine does not start anymore. The machine boot, but no gdm and no X. I can login, with root, but then the tty hangs. When i look at ttyF12 i see a lot of systemd service the runs random,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does this awk script not work correctly?

I have a large database with English on the left hand side and Indic words on the left hand. It so happens that since the Indic words have been entered by hand, there are duplicates in the entries. The structure is as under: English headword=Indic gloss,Indic gloss A small sample will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from a close and open parenthesis?

Hi Gurus, I have an input like the one below. What i wanted to achieved is to create a select statement based from that information INPUTInsert into table_name (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,DATE1,DATE2,col6,col7,col8,col9,col10,col11) values (6752,14932156,24,'ALL','Staff',to_date('04/17/2017... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
6 Replies
eurephiadm attempts(7)													    eurephiadm attempts(7)

NAME
eurephiadm-attempts - Manage the attempts log in eurephia DESCRIPTION
When a remote user fails to authenticate correctly, the attemp will be logged. After a certain amount of attempts the IP address, certifi- cate and/or user account will be blocked. The eurephiadm attempts command is used to get an overview over what is registered as failed attempts and to give the possibility to reset or delete the registered attempts counter. Available modes for the attempts command are: -D | --delete Delete a registered login attempt -R | --reset Reset a registered login attempt -l | --list List all registered login attempts -h | --help <mode> Show help DELETE MODE
The attempts delete mode will remove a record from the attempts log. One of the following parameters must be given (only one): -u | --username <username> User name to delete -d | --digest <SHA1 digest> Certificate SHA1 digest to delete -i | --ipaddr <IP address> IP address to delete -a | --attemptid <ID> Attempts record ID to delete RESET MODE
The attempts reset mode will reset the attempt counter. One of the following parameters must be given (only one): -u | --username <username> User name to reset -d | --digest <SHA1 digest> Certificate SHA1 digest to reset -i | --ipaddr <IP address> IP address to reset -a | --attemptid <ID> Attempts record ID to reset LIST MODE
The attempts list mode will show all registered login attempts. -v | --verbose Show more details Filters: -u | --username <username> List only attempts matching the given user name -d | --digest <SHA1 digest> List only attempts matching the given SHA1 certificate digest -i | --ipaddr <IP address> List only attempts matching the given IP address SEE ALSO
eurephiadm-blacklist(7), eurephia-config(7) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 David Sommerseth <dazo@users.sourceforge.net> David Sommerseth July 2010 eurephiadm attempts(7)