Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vs basic
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Vs basic Post 302987074 by wisecracker on Sunday 4th of December 2016 04:51:31 PM
Old 12-04-2016
Spectrum BASIC was cool for its day.
I use bwBASIC as a fun test tool and my first tastes of BASIC were......

Sharp MZ80K tape basic. This was convoluted...
Bungy keyboard Micro Professor II.
QL SuperBASIC was superb but the machine was erm, well you know... ;o)

I am moderator for David Benn's ACE Basic Compiler for the AMIGA A500 and above. The ML is all but defunct now, although occasionally we do get a new member who has acquired an ancient A500 for fun.
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

to know the basic

Hi, Good morning I want to install HP-Unix in my PC. I already have windows XP home edition in my PC. I do not want remove XP,But I need HP-Unix in the same system. Is it posssible? If it is what is the name and version of HP-Unix cd? Where can I get the CD to install. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhini
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies
snap2tzx(1)							     Emulators							       snap2tzx(1)

NAME
snap2tzx - Convert ZX Spectrum snapshot to .tzx tape images SYNOPSIS
snap2tzx [-1 string] [-2 string] [-b colour] [-g string] [-l string] [-o filename] [-r] [-s speed] [-v] [-$ filename] snapshot DESCRIPTION
snap2tzx converts a ZX Spectrum snapshot into a .tzx tape image. OPTIONS
-1 string causes string (which has a maximum of 32 characters) to be shown while loading. -2 string causes string (maximum 32 characters) to also be shown while loading. -b colour specifies the border colour while loading. -g string causes string (maximum 32 characters) to be used as the game name while loading. -l string causes string (maximum 8 characters) to be used as the BASIC filename in the loader. -o filename causes the output to be sent to filename. -r causes the final line of attribute data in the loading screen to be bright. -s speed specifies the speed of the loader; available values for speed are 0 (1500 bps), 1 (2250 bps), 2 (3000 bps) and 3 (6000 bps). -v specifies verbose output. -$ filename specifies that the ZX Spectrum screen stored in filename should be used as the loading screen. snapshot specifies the snapshot (in a format supported by libspectrum(3)) to be converted. In any string parameter, the tilde (~) will be converted into a copyright symbol. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3), listbasic(1), snapconv(1) The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Philip Kendall (philip-fuse@shadowmagic.org.uk). Tomaz Kac wrote z802tzx (ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/tools/unix/z802tzx-1.2.tar.gz), on which snap2tzx is very heavily based. Martijn van der Heide wrote the turbo-loading code, originally for Taper (http://www.worldofspectrum.org/taper.html). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 snap2tzx(1)