Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search the key from a file to another file Post 302986726 by RudiC on Tuesday 29th of November 2016 10:41:56 AM
Old 11-29-2016
Not clear. Please be way more descriptive, supplying desired output samples.

And: Any attempts/ideas/thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Key in same file but at different positions

Hi All, I want some help in unix. Current code is for DOC in `InputFileName | awk '{ if ( substr($0, 392, 1)=="C") { $0 = (substr($0, 28, 15) "" substr($0, 386, 3)) } else { ($0 = substr($0, 28, 18))}; print }' | sort | uniq` do grep ${DOC} InputFileName > DOCKET_${DOC}.txt done ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - start search by using search button or by pressing the enter key

#Build label and text box $main->Label( -text => "Input string below:" )->pack(); $main->Entry( -textvariable => \$text456 )->pack(); $main->Button( -text => "Search", -command => sub { errchk ($text456) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2

this is the requirement list.txt table1 table2 table3 testfile.txt name#place#data#select * from table1 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 innerjoin table3 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 output name place table1 name2 place table3 i tried using awk (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsekumar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching the content of one file using the search key of another file

I have two files: file 1: hello.com neo.com,japan.com,example.com news.net xyz.com, telecom.net, highlands.net, software.com example2.com earth.net, abc.gov.uk file 2: neo.com example.com abc.gov.uk file 2 are the search keys to search in file 1 if any of the search key is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving the relevant search from search file in the main file

I have two files: file 1: hello.com neo.com,japan.com,example.com news.net xyz.com, telecom.net, highlands.net, software.com example2.com earth.net, abc.gov.uk file 2: neo.com example.com abc.gov.uk file 2 are the search keys to search in file 1 if any of the search... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information a file according key id in another file?

hi, i have a large file containing the detailed information of a bunch of keys like this: JAT_0001 contig102_342_3_n2 contig102_342 atgcacgacta 30 50 20... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for specific key in a file and print it

Hi All, I have a file abc.txt Database unique name: NEPAL Database name: NEPAL Services: NEPAL_COB,NEPAL_PROD output i need is it should search "Services" and it that search "COB" word so output i need is like NEPAL_COB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies