Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read: no query process ERROR
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read: no query process ERROR Post 302986433 by bakunin on Friday 25th of November 2016 06:52:20 AM
Old 11-25-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohtashims
Me, being the only root user ...Any solution to this ?
yes, two things actually: first, use scp to overwrite/move track.sh so that it doesn't bother you any more. Then log on normally and continue.

Second and foremost: it is a long standing knowledge that anything that:

- creates output
- does any processing
- is interactive

does NOT BELONG INTO A PROFILE at all. This is true especially for a root user, which is always the ultima ratio to resort to if anything else goes wrong. Do NOT USE this user account for something you need to do daily, because - as you have just seen - whatever you do it could go wrong and then lock you out of the system.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to read batch process but need some command help

I am trying to access batch process that take place each nite. I am using Solaris 5.8 (and i am used to redhat). however I am trying to access say a certain directory. The home/oradev , is the directory...in there i am trying to access say a batch file within this, how can see if they are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle process query !

This query is For HP-UX 11i server. I have certain oracle process that are running on my system as below :- rotmgr 3986 1 0 07:49:33 ? 0:00 oracleedjlive (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq))) rotmgr 26356 1 0 08:14:32 ? 0:00 oracleedjlive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Query related to boot process of Solaris x86

I am a linux user and trying to relate Solaris x86 boot process with that of Linux.. Please correct me if wrong with my understanding on Solaris x86 booting process: 1.POST by BIOS. 2.BIOS loads mboot program from MBR of the hard disk. 3.mboot loads Grub stage1 from /boot/grub/stage1 4.Grub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
0 Replies

4. Programming

read input-process-output

Can you help me ? I want to write a program ,which can open a input file (input.txt) and run as child process ,then write to output file (output.txt)....... char inFile="input.txt"; char outFile="output.txt"; int main(int argc, char **argv) { pid_t pid=1; int no=0; // no. of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cupid1575
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read line query !!!

Folks, I am working on a file which has entries as follows. I am using while read line to generate desired output as follows. filename1: Name : sdt2156157_ID NOS : 4567 NOS : 2348 Name : sdt2156158_ID NOS : 4987 NOS : 2332 while read line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read query string from shell script?

Hi, I am new this shell scripting. I have one html page which is executing shell script. That web form is passing some query strings to the script. Now how can I read query string in shell script and parse it in variables. I tried with below shell script but its not working. #!/bin/sh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdp
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using awk to read a file and process

I am fairly green using awk so I don't have anything started but what I am trying to do is: I have a file called "contacts" and in the file are 3 fields separate by ;. I want to read each line and send an email script. I have the email function working but just need to know how to setup awk to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read sql query into shell script?

Hello All, I'm trying to put together a shell script that will: 1. connect to an oracle database 2. execute a query 3. save the output to a csv file I know that I can execute the sqlplus -s user/pass @dbsid and get logged in. What I would like to do is have my query in a separate text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input file and used it to SQL query

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to read each line $1 and $2 of input file and used it to query. Ex. file1.txt(number range) 9064500000 9064599999 9064600000 9064699999 9064700000 9064799999 Database name: ranges_log a_no message 9064500001 test 9064700000 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
7 Replies
GAMGI(1)							 GAMGI Manual Page							  GAMGI(1)

NAME
gamgi - general atomistic modelling graphic interface SYNOPSIS
gamgi [file_1.xml] ... [file_n.xml] DESCRIPTION
gamgi is a computer package to construct, view and analyse atomic structures. OPTIONS
file_n.xml is a fullname such as: ../dat/molecule/flavors/garlic.xml ~/gamgi/dat/molecule/flavors/garlic.xml http://www.gamgi.org/dat/molecule/flavors/garlic.xml ftp://ftp.gamgi.org/gamgi/dat/molecule/flavors/garlic.xml Object and config data can be mixed, so file_1.xml might be a preferences file, loaded before the other object files. To automate the pro- cedure, just add a line as this to ~/.bashrc: alias gamgi='gamgi ~/gamgi/my_defaults.xml' ENVIRONMENT
GAMGI_HELP Set this variable to let GAMGI know where the Help documentation files are. For example, add a line as this to ~/.bashrc : GAMGI_HELP=~/gamgi/gamgi/doc; export GAMGI_HELP GAMGI_TEXT Set this variable to let GAMGI know where are the .ttf DejaVu files, to render solid fonts. For example, add a line as this to ~/.bashrc: GAMGI_TEXT=~/gamgi/gamgi/src/io/fonts; export GAMGI_TEXT BROWSER Set this variable to let GAMGI know which browser to launch, in case this is chosen to read Help. For example, add a line as this to ~/.bashrc: BROWSER=firefox; export BROWSER HELP
Read introductory information with Help->Start. Browse the documentation at http://www.gamgi.org/ or its local copy at gamgi/doc/. Use the help mechanisms reunited under the Help button. Subscribe the mailling list <gamgi-users@gamgi.org>. Contact the author at <jcgp07@gmail.com>. Throughout all interfaces and formats, lengths are in angstrom, angles in degrees and decimal numbers are represented with dots. Every parameter that can be defined in an interface can be also defined in a file and vice-versa. INTERFACES
Rotate, move, scale the selected object pressing the left, middle, right mouse button. Export the selected object choosing File->Export. The statusbar shows the selected object (left) and layer (right). To select an object, choose Object->Select and press over the object. Or choose the object class on the menu above, with the middle button, before pressing on the object. Or press twice Layer, Window or GAMGI on the menu above. When the object has no visual representation, press the mouse over the graphic area, to pop up a menu. To select a layer, choose Layer->Select and press the mouse over the graphic area, to pop up a menu. Or choose the layer class on the menu above, with the middle button, before pressing the mouse over the graphic area, to pop up a menu. Solid objects usually require lights with diffuse and specular components to be properly represented in 3D space, otherwise they look flat. Wired objects do not have a 3D representation, so diffuse and specular lights are not reflected, becoming poorly visible when using lights, unless a significant ambient component is used. Often it is worth to draw solid and wired objects in different layers, with and without lights. When a task dialog is open, to learn how it works, just select Help->Current and another dialog will pop up, explaining the meaning of all the parameters in the task dialog. To see detailed explanations of GAMGI interfaces, consult the reference manual at http://www.gamgi.org/interfaces/reference.html, doc/interfaces/reference.html or Help->Topic->Interfaces. FORMATS
GAMGI can import files in .xyz and .xml native format, selected automatically by the file extension. GAMGI can export files in .ps, .ppm, .jp[e]g, .png, .tif[f], .x3d and native .xml formats, selected automatically by the file extension. In GAMGI native XML format, a water molecule can be described as: <gml> <molecule> <atom element="O" x="0.000" y="0.000" z="0.000" id="O1"/> <atom element="H" x="0.776" y="0.540" z="0.000" id="H1"/> <atom element="H" x="-0.776" y="0.540" z="0.000" id="H2"/> <bond parent1="O1" parent2="H1"/> <bond parent1="O1" parent2="H2"/> </molecule> </gml> To see detailed explanations of GAMGI formats, consult the reference manual at http://www.gamgi.org/formats/reference.html, doc/formats/reference.html or Help->Topic->Formats. EXAMPLES
Choose Help->Tutorials to get a list of fully described procedures, exemplifying most aspects of the work with GAMGI. SEE ALSO
http://www.gamgi.org/ AUTHOR
Written by Carlos Pereira <jcgp07@gmail.com>, helped by Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org> and Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de>, from the Debian project. 0.14.3 November 30 2009 GAMGI(1)