Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How the home alias (~) is it expanded? Post 302986251 by jcdole on Tuesday 22nd of November 2016 05:04:04 PM
Old 11-22-2016
As my question was how to quote string path when using ~ , thank you very much every body for helping

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Macros expanded output of c files

Hi, I want to just expand the macros in a set of c files from a filelist which are in different directories. I don't want the header files included in the c file to be expanded. I have a perl script which does gcc -E <infile> -I <path to search for header files> -imacros <infile> But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect contained in variable not expanded as expected

Hi all, I have a selection of files that contain several commands that write to a file and are started as background processes similar to below. command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 & command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noose
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file with variables expanded

Hello, I have this problem. I have script file, e.g. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $MY_DIR ls -lt $MY_DIR I want to list the script but with MY_DIR variable expanded. E.g. MY_DIR=/abc/xyz (in shell MY_DIR is set) So I want to list the script and see: #!/usr/bin/ksh echo /abc/xyz ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1omen
6 Replies

4. Solaris

war file not expanded (tomcat solaris)

hi .. my example.war file is not expanded in the webapps folder.. could u guide me why the file is not expanded when i restart tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zpool hasn't expanded

Hi Guys, I have a raidz zpool that consists of four disks. 2x2TB, 1x1TB and 1x0.75TB. Originally it was only 1x1TB, 3x0.75TB, and I had around 1.7TB of storage capacity. I've just switched out two of the 0.75TB disks for the 2x2TB ones. I did this one at a time and now the resilvering is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wild char getting expanded in echo

Hi All, I am having a issue in a script. I am trying to execute a select * from a scirpt to a database and printing the the sql string. The * in the sqltring is printing all the files in the directory. How to handle it ? .. .. sql="select * from emp" execute ($sql) echo $sql Here my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies
case(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   case(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(n) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression Tcl 7.0 case(n)