Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Product to Choose?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Which Product to Choose? Post 302985733 by abrogard on Monday 14th of November 2016 04:17:35 PM
Old 11-14-2016
Well I've got Mint running on it now. In fact this is it, I'm using it right now.

It's not a tiger. I suspect perhaps not as quick as XP was when I first put it on this board/cpu (call that a machine, maybe?) but it's quick enough, so far anyway.

We'll see how it goes when we get down the track a bit, audio and video processing.

What it is doing is settling down my mind considerably. That creaking on XP install had me nervous about another hangup all the time.

I began to shun the machine.

Nice to be back on it. It has a good monitor and keyboard.

Nice to be back with Linux again, too, after 20 years. Not that you'd know it nowadays with the GUI, looks just like Windows. But I guess the underlying C will begin to manifest as I go further....

I look forward to it...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup of Product Database

HI, I know its scarey me asking this, but system is homegrown and I am just having fun, but at the same time dont want to have tooo much fun where the phrase "little knowledge is dangerous" perfectly fits my actions ;-). I have a couple of packages that are failing to be removed... #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

TrustedMigration product ?

I'm running HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got SOX auditors asking me if we have the TrustedMigration product. I don't know what that is and google isn't being helpful. Can you tell me what this product is (and what it is for) and how to know if my system is running it and/or prove that it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Product instalaltion detail

Hi all experts, I want to find out what oracle product has come with the server and their version detail. We have Solaris 10. Can you tell me what Unix command will full fill this requirement? Thanks, AJ -----Post Update----- please help -----Post Update----- please help guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum product of even/odd lines

Hi, I have a text file like this 6.0000E-02 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 7.0000E-02 5.00000E-10 1.0000 5.00000E-10 1.0000 8.0000E-02 3.00000E-09 0.4082 3.00000E-09 0.4082 9.0000E-02 3.50000E-09 0.3780 3.50000E-09 0.3780 1.0000E-01 1.00000E-09... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies
LOOK(8) 							Executable programs							   LOOK(8)

NAME
ipsec_look - get a quick summary of Libreswan status SYNOPSIS
ipsec look DESCRIPTION
Look is used to get a quick overview of what the status of Libreswan is. It is the equivalent to running the commands ipsec eroute, ipsec spigrp, ipsec tncfg, ipsec spi and netstat -rn. However a bit of processing is done to combine the outputs. Some of the above commands, and there for ipsec look, are only supported with the KLIPS or MAST stack, and will give errors when used on BSD, Windows or Linux with NETKEY. SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec_spi(8), ipsec_spigrp(8), ipsec_eroute(5), netstat(8). HISTORY
Man page written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Michael Richardson. Original program written by Henry Spencer. AUTHOR
Paul Wouters placeholder to suppress warning libreswan 12/16/2012 LOOK(8)