Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers R* Service and Security Concerns Post 302985691 by alvinoo on Monday 14th of November 2016 09:14:04 AM
Old 11-14-2016
R* Service and Security Concerns

Hi there,

I would like to ask about /etc/hosts.equiv and .rhosts) and the trust relations. And the impact of poorly-configured trusted relationship.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unix security -- FTP service????

I would like to ask for you suggestions or comments see if you can help. Since system auditing is under progress and the AIX is the main investigated unit. They are asking to disable the FTP service to enhance the security but I doubt. For daily use, the FTP will help administrator to download... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
1 Replies

2. Linux

RPC Services Security Concerns

Hi there, I am trying to understand the how is it possible to enumerate RPC services and the common RPC services and the most-commonly found RPC vulnerability. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts -- rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_rhosts [options] DESCRIPTION
The rhosts authentication service module for PAM provides functionality for only one PAM category: authentication. In terms of the module-type parameter, this is the ``auth'' feature. Rhosts Authentication Module The Rhosts authentication component (pam_sm_authenticate()), returns success if and only if the target user's UID is not 0 and the remote host and user are listed in /etc/hosts.equiv or in the target user's ~/.rhosts. The following options may be passed to the authentication module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. no_warn suppress warning messages to the user. These messages include reasons why the user's authentication attempt was declined. allow_root do not automatically fail if the target user's UID is 0. SEE ALSO
hosts.equiv(5), pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_rhosts module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
December 5, 2001 BSD