Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to translate df -h output into a CSV format? Post 302985517 by new2prog on Thursday 10th of November 2016 03:29:40 PM
Old 11-10-2016
How to translate df -h output into a CSV format?

Hi,

Can someone please let me know as how I can send the below df -h format of a linux system into a CSV format ?

Code:
Resource           Size GiB   Used GiB   Avail GiB   Use%   Cleanable GiB*
----------------   --------   --------   ---------   ----   --------------
/data: pre-comp           -   288912.1           -      -                -
/data: post-comp    87397.6    63816.6     23581.0    73%                -
----------------   --------   --------   ---------   ----   --------------

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-10-2016 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file. The output should look like this: Total Customers Processed:,8 Total Customers Skipped:,0 Total Customers Added:,8 Total Customers Changed:,0 Total Policies Deleted:,0 Total Policies Failed:,0 total:,8 Now i want this output in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV format help

Hi team, In simple way i will explain.. i have a shell script which gives morethan one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output i want all this to put... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv format output file using scirpt

Hi All, I get the test result file daily after running the main test script. from the resultfile, need to fetch only server info and status and put them in tabular format in a file and as well in CSV format output file. I tried using awk command but am not able to put them in tabluar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
IPCMK(1)							   User Commands							  IPCMK(1)

NAME
ipcmk - make various IPC resources SYNOPSIS
ipcmk [options] DESCRIPTION
ipcmk allows you to create shared memory segments, message queues, and semaphore arrays. OPTIONS
Resources can be specified with these options: -M, --shmem size Create a shared memory segment of size bytes. The size argument may be followed by the multiplicative suffixes KiB (=1024), MiB (=1024*1024), and so on for GiB, etc. (the "iB" is optional, e.g., "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or the suffixes KB (=1000), MB (=1000*1000), and so on for GB, etc. -Q, --queue Create a message queue. -S, --semaphore number Create a semaphore array with number of elements. Other options are: -p, --mode mode Access permissions for the resource. Default is 0644. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1) AUTHOR
Hayden A. James <hayden.james@gmail.com> AVAILABILITY
The ipcmk command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 IPCMK(1)