Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Simple loop to mail all active users. Post 302985399 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 9th of November 2016 05:51:53 AM
Old 11-09-2016
Just for clarity, it is usually frowned upon in regard that we try not to say "Read the manual", bot that using command substitution is frowned upon - I use command substitution all the time.

Kind regards,
Robin (having a frown Smilie) Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

2. Linux

Command for list of active/disabled users

Hi, I want to know the command for finding out the list of active/disabled users in Linux System. Model:x86_64. Rev:2.6.9 Thanks in advance for your help Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

control permissions for Active Directory users on AIX

Hello, I've configured an user authentication against Active Directory (Windows Server 2008 R2) on AIX V6 with LDAP. It works fine. And here's my problem: How can I control ldap user permissions on the local AIX machine? E.g. an AD user should be able to write all files of local sys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xia777
1 Replies

4. AIX

Authenticate AIX users from MS Active Directory

First, let me start off saying this is not spam. This is me trying to help out other AIX Admins with MS AD servers. If it is not applicable to you, someone else will find it useful. As long as the "KDC" service is running on your AD server, these steps should work. There should be no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
3 Replies
mktemp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						mktemp(3C)

NAME
mktemp - make a unique file name from a template SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *mktemp(char *template); DESCRIPTION
The mktemp() function replaces the contents of the string pointed to by template with a unique file name, and returns template. The string in template should look like a file name with six trailing 'X's; mktemp() will replace the 'X's with a character string that can be used to create a unique file name. Only 26 unique file names per thread can be created for each unique template. RETURN VALUES
The mktemp() function returns the pointer template. If a unique name cannot be created, template points to a null string. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generate a filename. The following example replaces the contents of the "template" string with a 10-character filename beginning with the characters "file" and returns a pointer to the "template" string that contains the new filename. #include <stdlib.h> ... char *template = "/tmp/fileXXXXXX"; char *ptr; ptr = mktemp(template); USAGE
Between the time a pathname is created and the file opened, it is possible for some other process to create a file with the same name. The mkstemp(3C) function avoids this problem and is preferred over this function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkstemp(3C), tmpfile(3C), tmpnam(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Sep 2004 mktemp(3C)