Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun OS 5.5.1 Unix Remote
Operating Systems Solaris Sun OS 5.5.1 Unix Remote Post 302984678 by gandolf989 on Saturday 29th of October 2016 12:51:40 PM
Old 10-29-2016
You know its old when it is "The only Solaris release that supports PowerPC;[49] Ultra Enterprise support added; user and group IDs (uid_t, gid_t) expanded to 32 bits,[50] also included processor sets[51] and early resource management technologies."

Solaris (operating system) - Wikipedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Login (Unix)

Is there any way I can disallow remote login on a m/c (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote ACCESS in SCO UNIX

I have set up a modem in SCO Unix .. I want to dial in from a remote terminal program, what else is needed .. do I have to configure UUCP ?? How ? Any other configurations ? CHRIS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germiphene
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote in Unix

hello ... are there any Remotes in Unix ?? like i do not need to type ' w + enter ' to see whose onlining in the server and the Unix automaticly shows whose onlining in the server ( whidout typing w + enter ) just automaticly in every 5 seconds or 10 seconds ... anyone knows the command ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeeD
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see files in remote unix

Hi all, I am having a windows XP running in my pc. I want to access the files in remote system which is a unix system. How can i share the directories in unix which i can access in windows system. Regrads Gauri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri_agr
3 Replies

5. SCO

Remote booting in sco unix

Hi ., I have a SCO Unix server 5.0.5.I need to connect it to 10 diskless clients with 5 of them with Realtek Network card and other 5 with compex card. I want the procedure to complete this task.Help Me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbalaram
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sum on Sun unix

Hello, I would like to process a sum on a file : for exemple : 4 5 3 Sum is 12 I tried with the "+" but it doesn't seems to work on the sun or maybe I use a wrong syntax, my script is as follow: --------------------------- export Value export TotalValue while read Valeur do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cecile
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to remote db from unix script

Hi everybody, My bash script is trying to connect to a remote database using the 'sqlplus' binary.For this i set(export) the variable TWO_TASK to the value of database name excluding the dot extension part. Can anyone explain me what's the significance of this TWO_TASK variable while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
8 Replies

8. SCO

Unix remote printing

Sir, i have a sco 5.5 installed server and 6 clients connected through pci specialix card and printing working fine in these all terminals. 7 and 8 ports are free now, i need to setup another terminal for login on through 7 or 8 port for remote login. i connect a external modem using 25 pin male... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aneesh Kumar.T
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

What are the different between UNIX and Sun Solaris OS?

What are the different between UNIX and Sun Solaris OS? could you discuss this in term of the following : memory management, processor, storage management, processing issue, coding issue. ps. thank you :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: [-BlackSheep-]
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies
GETRESUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      GETRESUID(2)

NAME
getresuid, getresgid - get real, effective and saved user/group IDs SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <unistd.h> int getresuid(uid_t *ruid, uid_t *euid, uid_t *suid); int getresgid(gid_t *rgid, gid_t *egid, gid_t *sgid); DESCRIPTION
getresuid() returns the real UID, the effective UID, and the saved set-user-ID of the calling process, in the arguments ruid, euid, and suid, respectively. getresgid() performs the analogous task for the process's group IDs. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT One of the arguments specified an address outside the calling program's address space. VERSIONS
These system calls appeared on Linux starting with kernel 2.1.44. The prototypes are given by glibc since version 2.3.2, provided _GNU_SOURCE is defined. CONFORMING TO
These calls are nonstandard; they also appear on HP-UX and some of the BSDs. NOTES
The original Linux getresuid() and getresgid() system calls supported only 16-bit user and group IDs. Subsequently, Linux 2.4 added getre- suid32() and getresgid32(), supporting 32-bit IDs. The glibc getresuid() and getresgid() wrapper functions transparently deal with the variations across kernel versions. SEE ALSO
getuid(2), setresuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 GETRESUID(2)