Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is it possible to set up a portable Java in AIX operating system Post 302984603 by alvinoo on Friday 28th of October 2016 02:14:26 AM
Old 10-28-2016
Is it possible to set up a portable Java in AIX operating system

Hi there,

I would like to check if it is possible use a portable jre in unix operating system. I check in Windows there is Portable JRE. However as I don't wish to install in client machine I will need to use a temporary JRE to setup in the operating system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

3. AIX

Help ... Java not reading correct AIX system time.

I have Java 1.4.2 (IBM AIX build ca142-20050929a SR3) installed on AIX 5.3. My system time is set correctly and both date and smitty confirm the correct date, time, and timezone: #date Thu Sep 21 15:12:42 EDT 2006 However, when I check the sytem time in Java... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave521
2 Replies

4. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Set IP for LOM from Operating System

Hi, I have a Sun-Fire-V440 server. I want to set IP address for its LOM from operating system. Earlier it does not have any IP address. Is it possible to set IP from Operating System ? if possible, how can we do it ? Thanks Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri243
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New operating system and new license

Hello all, I'm new here. I wanted as nickname just wizard but it was taken. So Magus.Wizard instead; in my view, a wizard is somebody who really understands computers, a computer wizard, a master, a profi. Not too much about myself, more to the topic - I get tired from all the crap can be found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus.Wizard
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
JSVC(1) 						   Apache Commons Daemon project						   JSVC(1)

NAME
jsvc - application to launch java daemon SYNOPSIS
jsvc [-jvm JVM name] [-client client JVM] [-server server JVM] [-classpath path] [-cp path] [-java-home directory] [-version] [-help] [-?] [-nodetach] [-debug] [-check] [-user user] [-wait waittime] [-umask mask] [-stop] [-verbose:class|gc|jni] [-outfile /full/path/to/file] [-errfile /full/path/to/file] [-pidfile /full/path/to/file] [-Dproperty=value] [-Xoption] DESCRIPTION
jsvc executes classfile that implements a Daemon interface. OPTIONS
-jvm JVM name use a specific Java Virtual Machine. -client client JVM use a client Java Virtual Machine. -server server JVM use a server Java Virtual Machine. -cp/ -classpath directory and zip/jar files set search path for service classes and resouces -java-home directory set the path of your JDK or JRE installation (or set the JAVA_HOME environment variable) -version show the current Java environment version (to check correctness of -home and -jvm. Implies -nodetach) -help show this help page (implies -nodetach) -nodetach don't detach from parent process and become a daemon -debug verbosely print debugging information -check only check service (implies -nodetach) -stop stop the service using the file given in the -pidfile option -wait waittime wait up to waittime seconds for the service to start waittime should multiple of 10 (min=10) -umask mask sets the file mode creation mask -user user user used to run the daemon (defaults to current user) -verbose[:class|gc|jni] enable verbose output -outfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stdout (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&2' to simulate '1>&2', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -errfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stderr (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&1' to simulate '2>&1', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -pidfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from the file containing the pid of jsvc (defaults to /var/run/jsvc.pid) -D<name>=<value> set a Java system property -X<option> set Virtual Machine specific option AUTHOR
JSVC is part of the Apache Commons Daemon project. Authors are Jean-Frederic Clere, Remy Maucherat, Yoav Shapira, Bill Barker, Mladen Turk. JSVC is released under the Apache License Version 2.0. Jsvc version 1.0.6 08/17/2012 JSVC(1)