Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders? Post 302983966 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 19th of October 2016 05:21:39 AM
Old 10-19-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre
There is a slash before the <destdir> that you mention, i am kind of worried?Do i need that slash?
Or do i just type my "destdir" and tab which will auto complete as "destdir/"
Hello Imre,

you need to provide path there, I would prefer absolute path in there, for an example /tmp/abc/test/my_test. So if you give /abc/test/my_testbecause it is a directory not a mount point it will not work though if you give like abc/test/my_test should work. Please try it out into a test environment or a test directory first and once it is giving expected results then you could run it into the actual environment.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 10-19-2016 at 06:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files and folders and cjange or remove ownership

So tried: cp -r -p test1/ user@machine:///srv/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/backup/ but this didn't work either :( Anyone able to help with this? Many thanks Mr M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create a script to show what files in what folders

Hi everyone, I'm stuck with this scenario where our system creates files every night and puts them in several folders according from whom it came from. I have managed to create a script which will list the folders in one column and the files that are in them in another column, now my problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy some files from users home folders to my folder

i have users home directories in /home all the users have some files starting with character e and i want to copy all these files in a folder in my (root) home using a script i tried the script for i in m5 do cd m5 cp e1* /home/pc/exam cd .. done but get these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcrana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another

Hi.. I have 2 servers with linux suse10. I made a mistake and on one of the servers changed with chmod the permission of root in directory /. In the other servers the permissions are correct Please i need a script, to change the permissions of one server 1, using the same permission of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ave-phoenix
11 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders

I have files existing with same names in the folders with date as display below c:\2010-09-10 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg c:\2010-09-09 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg c:\2010-09-08 <==== folder arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy mutilple files to mutiple folders

Hi, I just started to learn shell progamming and just can't get my head around the following problem. I need to do the following: I have a folder which contains 100+ subfolders. Inside these subfolders there is one folder named 'Morph' and several jpg's. I need to copy all the files into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files

Hi, I need help in shell scripting. If someone can help me, that would be great! Problem. I want Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files. Description. I have two directories /dir1 /dir2 I need to copy all distinct/new/unique/missing files from /dir1 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Praveen Kumar
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies
bsnes-purify(6) 						   Games Manual 						   bsnes-purify(6)

NAME
bsnes-purify - Tool for preparing ROMs for usage with bsnes SYNOPSIS
bsnes-purify scan source-dir output-file bsnes-purify output source-dir target-dir DESCRIPTION
bsnes can not open all ROMs. For example SNES ROMs have to be without copier headers and with the filename extension .sfc. Recent versions of bsnes support games to be arranged in cartridge folders (see below). bsnes 0.089 and later will only support cartridge folders. bsnes-purify searches a directory for ROMs and performs an action on them. It also finds ROMs contained in .zip files. bsnes-purify scan writes a list of the found ROMs together with their SHA256 checksums and sizes to a file. bsnes-purify output creates for each found ROM a cartridge folder with the files program.rom and and manifest.xml in the target directory. If the original ROM was a headered SNES ROM, program.rom will be the same, but without the header. CARDRIDGE FOLDERS
Cartridge folders are intendended to contain all data belonging to a game. The name of a cartridge folder has to end with one of the file- name extensions sfc, fc, gb, gbb, gbc or gba, depending on the system the game is for. The user has to make sure that the following files exist program.rom the game ROM manifest.xml Additional data about the cartridge, generated by bsnes-purify. Sometimes bsnes-purify can't guess all the information for this file and it has to be edited manually. dsp1.rom, dsp1b.rom, dsp2.rom, dsp3.rom, dsp4.rom, st010.rom, st011.rom, st018.rom or cx4.rom Some SNES games have pre-programmed coprocessors (DSPs) built into their cartridges. For these games, the required DSP programs also need to be in the cartridge folders. bsnes itself also writes files to cartridge folders, for example the data that would be saved to RAM in real cartridges to save progress, or bsnes specific save states. For further details, please ask at http://board.byuu.org/. SEE ALSO
bsnes(6) MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Tobias Hansen May 11, 2012 bsnes-purify(6)