Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modification to awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modification to awk command Post 302983874 by SkySmart on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 06:48:46 AM
Old 10-18-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello SkySmart,

Let's say we have following Input_file(test one).
Code:
cat Input_file
<?php
  test1
  test2
  phpinfo();
  hlight_file(__FILE__);
?>

Then following code may help in same.
Code:
awk '($0 ~ /^\?>$/){print;A=0} ($0 ~ /^<\?php/){A=1} A && ($0 !~ /phpinfo/) && ($0 !~ /hlight/){print}'   Input_file

Output will be as follows then.
Code:
<?php
  test1
  test2
?>

Thanks,
R. Singh

if the awk code detects the patterns are present, i want it to avoid printing anything at all. thats what i was unable to do with my original code.

Last edited by SkySmart; 10-18-2016 at 08:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for modification date of a file

Good morning, I would like to find all files of a certain type and display their name as well as their modification date. In order to do this, I would do the following: find ./ -name *.csv | ???????? My question: what to put after the pipe instead of the question marks? Is there a basic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

in line modification in a file using awk

Hi, I have a conf.file with the following values: ef=78 b=40 ca=40 c=45/dev2 when I modify one of the line with the below awk script,it's modifying BUT it's placing the modified line in the last line : input:- Configure b 45/dev4 output:- ef=78 ca=40 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

I want the below script to omit every chunk of data that contains a specific hostname. here's the scenario. i have a configuration file that contains the configuration of several hosts. a sample of this configuration file is this: define host { address ... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk modification for lines

so i have this data in a file: jime=1860,yime=1.23243,lime= jime=1859,yime=1.23018,lime= jime=1825,yime=1.15371,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= jime=1841,yime=1.1897,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= i use this code to calculate the percentage difference of the number in column 2... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk output modification

Hello, I am using awk command to print some output, but there are some characters that I would like to remove from the output awk '{print $5$6}' the output I get is column5/:column6 I am looking forward to remove the : and to get the output column5/column6 Sorry if this question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command modification

below is a snippet of code from a larger perl code: my $uname = ( -e '/usr/bin/uname' ) ? '/usr/bin/uname' : '/bin/uname'; my $os = ( `$uname 2>/dev/null` ); when i run this code, it seems to be complaining about the backticks. is there any efficient way i can get rid of the backticks... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

can someone help me identify what i'm doing wrong here: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{c=0} /./ && /./ { if ($3 < 2) { print ; c++ } END { print c":OK" } else if (($3 >= 2) && ($3 < 4)) { print ; c++ } END { print c":WARNING" } else if ($3 >= 4) { print ; c++ } END { print c":CRITICAL" } }'... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with command modification

Hello folks; I'm using the following command to get the highest number of requests per second in a log file and it works well. grep "2017-02-22" "LogFile.log" | cut -c1-20 | uniq -c | sort -n | tail -n1 Now i would like to also get the smallest requests per second and the amount of time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)