Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to match and apply condtions to matchijng files in directories Post 302983718 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 15th of October 2016 01:31:49 PM
Old 10-15-2016
Hello cmccabe,

Could you please try following and let me know how it goes then. I haven't tested it at all.
Code:
for file in "/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt"
do
	file1="/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/test_tvc/${file%%.txt}"
	if [[ -f file1 ]]
	then
		 awk 'FNR==NR{A[$2]=$0;next} ($2 in A){if($10>30 && $11>49){print A[$2] >> "Match_in_both_files_and_meet_criteria";delete A[$2]}} END{for(i in A){print A[i] >> "out_no_match_found_values"}}'  $file $file1
	fi
done

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script - Count Files In Directories

Hey, I'm very new to AWK and am trying to write a script that counts the number of files in all subdirectories. So, basically, my root has many subdirectories, and each subdirectory has many files. How can I get the total count? I haven't been able to figure out how to loop through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beefeater267
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do UNIX Permission apply to sub directories?

Hi Guys, Can you tell me if unix permissions apply to sub dirs? Dir is /home/ops/batch/files/all /home is rwxrwxrwx ops is rwxrwxrwx batch is rwxr-wr-w files is rwxrwxrwx all is rwxrwxrwx Having problems writing to all (does the userid nee to be the batch owner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

apply record separator to multiple files within a directory using awk

Hi, I have a bunch of records within a directory where each one has this form: (example file1) 1 2 50 90 80 90 43512 98 0909 79869 -9 7878 33222 8787 9090 89898 7878 8989 7878 6767 89 89 78676 9898 000 7878 5656 5454 5454 and i want for all of these files to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the directories with same permission and then apply some default UNIX commands

HI there. My teacher asked us to write a code for this question Write a Unix shell script named 'mode' that accepts two or more arguments, a file mode, a command and an optional list of parameters and performs the given command with the optional parameters on all files with that given mode. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: femchi
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Finding the directories with same permission and then apply some default UNIX commands

Write a Unix shell script named 'mode' that accepts two or more arguments, a file mode, a command and an optional list of parameters and performs the given command with the optional parameters on all files with that given mode. For example, mode 644 ls -l should perform the command ls -l on all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Compare files in two different directories

Hi, My script works fine when I have both input files in the same directory but when I put on of the input file in another directory, the output does not show up. SCRIPT: awk ' BEGIN { OFS="\t" out = "File3.txt"} NR==FNR && NF {a=$0; next} function print_77_99() { if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - pattern match - apply substitution

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX and in process of creating a re-startable script that connects to Oracle and executes the statements. The sample contents of the file1 is CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB1 AS SELECT * FROM DB_T.TAB1; .... CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB10 AS SELECT * FROM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk move select fields to match file prefix in two directories

In the awk below I am trying to use the file1 as a match to file2. In file2 the contents of $5,&6,and $7 (always tab-delimited) and are copied to the output under the header Quality metrics. The below executes but the output is empty. I have added comments to help and show my thinking. Thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
merge(1)						      General Commands Manual							  merge(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
combines two files that are revisions of a single original file. The original file is file2, and the revised files are file1 and file3. identifies all changes that lead from file2 to file3 and from file2 to file1, then deposits the merged text into file1. If the option is used, the result goes to standard output instead of file1. An overlap occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in the same place. prints how many overlaps occurred, and includes both alterna- tives in the result. The alternatives are delimited as follows: lines in file1 lines in file3 If there are overlaps, edit the result in file1 and delete one of the alternatives. This command is particularly useful for revision control, especially if file1 and file3 are the ends of two branches that have file2 as a common ancestor. EXAMPLES
A typical use for is as follows: 1. To merge an RCS branch into the trunk, first check out the three different versions from RCS (see co(1)) and rename them for their revision numbers: 5.2, 5.11, and 5.2.3.3. File 5.2.3.3 is the end of an RCS branch that split off the trunk at file 5.2. 2. For this example, assume file 5.11 is the latest version on the trunk, and is also a revision of the "original" file, 5.2. Merge the branch into the trunk with the command: 3. File 5.11 now contains all changes made on the branch and the trunk, and has markings in the file to show all overlapping changes. 4. Edit file 5.11 to correct the overlaps, then use the command to check the file back in (see ci(1)). WARNINGS
uses the ed(1) system editor. Therefore, the file size limits of ed(1) apply to AUTHOR
was developed by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). merge(1)